babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Recommendations for setting up a VPN - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Recommendations for setting up a VPN (/Thread-Recommendations-for-setting-up-a-VPN)

Pages: 1 2

Recommendations for setting up a VPN - XFullFatTim - 22-05-2014 12:37pm

I want to set up a VPN so I can access the BBC iPlayer and the National Lottery website from overseas as these websites cannot be accessed from outside the UK - our company service provider is in Norway. Any tips or recommendations of VPN service providers would be appreciated - they must have nodes in the UK though to get around the access from overseas issues.

Recommendations for setting up a VPN - Stadt Panzer - 22-05-2014 03:56pm

Tim, install tunnel bear, job done.

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - HeartbreakRidge - 22-05-2014 06:20pm

My more tech-y friends recommended Private Internet Access and so far it's done well for me.

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - XFullFatTim - 22-05-2014 07:51pm

Thanks guys. SP, Tunnel Bear is now installed on my iPad and running it now. Big test will be when I resume travelling. How on earth can Tunnel Bear be free?

Recommendations for setting up a VPN - Stadt Panzer - 23-05-2014 12:04pm

Tim,
It is and it isn't free! You get a free amount of data per month but if you go over that it will stop. You can join them for a fee and get unlimited download data usage. But it works any where buddy, I use it all the time on my power book and iPhone.

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - XFullFatTim - 23-05-2014 03:40pm

I've now found that by delving a bit deeper into the pages, but the free amount will do me for starters! It is so easy to set up too, important for computer dunces like me!

Recommendations for setting up a VPN - Stadt Panzer - 23-05-2014 05:53pm

Glad to be of help

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - Andy915 - 26-05-2014 02:50pm

(22-05-2014 12:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I want to set up a VPN so I can access the BBC iPlayer and the National Lottery website from overseas

I use Witopia for a VPN service and it works fine for BBC iPlayer and SkyGo etc. while outside the UK.
The National Lottery is not fooled though and won't let me play! I don't know if they block all VPNs, or whether they have a list of VPN providers that they block??

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - XFullFatTim - 05-06-2014 01:44pm

For those that need/want a VPN to access the National Lottery from outside the UK i have just been able to access all my account and view my lottery tickets held online from Dubai using the Thunderbear VPN app. I haven't yet tried to buy a new ticket. My current one expires in a couple of weeks so will let you know if it works for also buying a lottery ticket. It certainly works well for listening to BBC Radio iPlayer as I've just listened to the World at One and am listening to Admiral Lord West talking about the Royal Navy. I switched off the VPN for a while and BBCiPlayer dissappeared.

RE: Recommendations for setting up a VPN - mighTTy-RRE - 06-06-2014 08:54am

My understanding is the National Lottery will check you out before releasing any big payout. If it is proved you purchased your tickets outside of the UK, they will not pay out your £4m Jackpot.