babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Manual or Auto ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Europe (/Forum-Europe)
+--- Thread: Manual or Auto ? (/Thread-Manual-or-Auto)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Manual or Auto ? - vinda - 27-05-2011 02:14am

BAS. Any conclusion yet?

RE: Manual or Auto ? - bell-auto-services - 29-05-2011 09:51am

Hi

Yes I've decided on the auto in the end with help from this thread Smile

Pete

RE: Manual or Auto ? - Wicksy - 29-05-2011 10:24am

I've decided on the manual - its much harder to choose these days because economy and emissions are so important - the stop-start technology swayed it for me.

RE: Manual or Auto ? - DynamicRRV - 29-05-2011 10:54am

IMHO over the years Range Rovers should ALL have an auto box,manual is just not right on a Range!

RE: Manual or Auto ? - Wicksy - 29-05-2011 01:23pm

(29-05-2011 10:54am)DynamicRRV Wrote:  IMHO over the years Range Rovers should ALL have an auto box,manual is just not right on a Range!
Nor is 2 wheel driveConfused - we have to move with the times I'm afraid and manual shifters do make more sense nowadays than they used to.

My RX is auto shift and to be quite honest I'm looking forward to a more involving drive

RE: Manual or Auto ? - Kermit - 30-05-2011 01:53am

I've never owned an auto so this could be first. However it does use more fuel and the Jag gets the 8-speed behind the same engine so I might save myself the $2,500 and go manual. I'll decide after driving both.

RE: Manual or Auto ? - vinda - 05-06-2011 10:42am

(29-05-2011 09:51am)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi

Yes I've decided on the auto in the end with help from this thread Smile

Pete

Cool. I've gone for auto too. Think the comfort of having it along side all the other attributes of the car will gone great.
(30-05-2011 01:53am)Kermit Wrote:  I've never owned an auto so this could be first. However it does use more fuel and the Jag gets the 8-speed behind the same engine so I might save myself the $2,500 and go manual. I'll decide after driving both.

This will be my first auto car too. Driven a few but never owned. You r right about th fuel economic tho. I was thinking could save some pennies there and getting a manual. But really think auto would be much more comfortable.

RE: Manual or Auto ? - Kermit - 06-06-2011 11:04am

(05-06-2011 10:42am)vinda Wrote:  This will be my first auto car too. Driven a few but never owned. You r right about th fuel economic tho. I was thinking could save some pennies there and getting a manual. But really think auto would be much more comfortable.

99% of my driving is out of town so I don't have to worry about the stop-start-gear-shuffling of a manual in city traffic, where an auto is naturally better.

RE: Manual or Auto ? - paulus599 - 06-06-2011 03:19pm

This will also be my first Auto (never even driven one before). The main reason I'm going for one is that I think it will suit the nature of the car, a more relaxed drive, plus I'm probably just getting lazy in my old age. Confused
For the racers out there, there is also a suprisingly big difference in the performance figures between the two, i.e. the 0 - 60mph times are quoted as:
Manual 9.5
Auto 8.0

RE: Manual or Auto ? - vinda - 07-06-2011 01:30am

I know. I couldn't believe that. Thought the manual would waste an auto