babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Paint rub on interior trim - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Paint rub on interior trim (/Thread-Paint-rub-on-interior-trim)

Paint rub on interior trim - tintin_57 - 12-02-2014 02:24pm

Hi

I just noticed the paint seems to have rubbed away from the plastic trim around the frame of the back window. I have no idea how this could have happened as it's not in a place that is rubbing against another part nor is there ever anything stored on the parcel shelf. A bit of a mystery but one for warranty I expect when I take it in for its second service next month.

I just wondered if this was a common problem and is it likely to occur on other parts of the interior trim?

http://instagram.com/p/kUVoGAJ-ER/

Paint rub on interior trim - Stadt Panzer - 12-02-2014 07:45pm

I'd go as far as saying that it's common. If you've had something in the boot that has raised the parcel shelf and kept it there during a trip then the black coating comes off, leaving it white. Happened to me, cured by using a black perm marker.

On MY14 LR have redesigned the edges of the parcel shelf, giving it a rubber stopper on the edges.

RE: Paint rub on interior trim - Davevx - 12-02-2014 10:28pm

Just had a new parcel shelf fitted under warrant for exactly the same thing.

You have old style parcel shelf

New style has a velvety finish on it

They will also make good the paint rubbing off

Simple warranty job book it in

RE: Paint rub on interior trim - tintin_57 - 12-02-2014 10:34pm

Good advice thanks

RE: Paint rub on interior trim - RichardW66 - 13-02-2014 02:09pm

(12-02-2014 10:34pm)tintin_57 Wrote:  Good advice thanks

Happened to me, and when I took the car in for its first service in Nov last year, they swapped out the parcel shelf for the new design and replaced the damaged trim as a warranty claim.

RE: Paint rub on interior trim - LaserTam - 13-02-2014 10:14pm

Mine is booked in for the same.

RE: Paint rub on interior trim - tintin_57 - 05-04-2014 01:26pm

Hi, car has been serviced today. Sure enough the parcel shelf was replaced with the new velvety feel shelf under warranty.

Can anybody that has a black interior that also has this type of shelf tell me, is it more of a grey colour than black? Seems a lighter colour than the one that was replaced to me.