babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch (/Thread-Easy-remote-closing-of-the-rear-tailgate-hatch)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Dougrobling - 03-02-2014 11:02pm

I built a module last year for my wife's Audi Q5, and I built another today for my new Evoque.
Just push either the tailgate button on the remote, or the button in the dash, and it will close for you....

It is very easy to install if anybody is interested in having one made, just PM me.....
(No drilling or cutting, just remove one trim piece, and tap three wires)

I tried to post a couple of short video clips, but the site does not allow those. (I can send them to anyone interested)

[attachment=3899][attachment=3900]

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - PhilSkill - 04-02-2014 12:14am

Looks very interesting, how have you done it, what wires do you tap? any more info?

You need to make 5 posts before you can receive PM's.

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Dougrobling - 04-02-2014 12:32am

I noticed that the latch release motor runs every time you push either raise button. (Even with the hatch open) So, I built a circuit that senses when the hatch is open (tilt switch) and then waits until after the release motor stops, and then fakes pushing the tailgate mounted close button. I had to add the .25 second time delay because the push button is inactive while the release motor is operating....

The wires that are tapped are; release motor power, system ground, and the signal wire from the close push button.

Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Stadt Panzer - 04-02-2014 06:27am

Dougrobling, any chance you could email me full details plus your vids.

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Crabacle - 04-02-2014 07:31am

Looks very interesting. Once built how easy is it to install?

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Dougrobling - 04-02-2014 01:14pm

It was very easy to install. You just have to remove the hatch cover panel (video on powerfuluk)
The module then attaches to the interior of the hatch with 3M double sided tape, and the three wires are connected with squeeze-on taps.

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - fam1x - 04-02-2014 04:38pm

Sounds interesting I want one to Smile

Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - sciack - 04-02-2014 07:40pm

I also want one. Please contact me. I am willing to pay. Thanks

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - Dougrobling - 04-02-2014 07:53pm

So I guess I can build more...

Anybody that is interested can email me at robling@live.com and I will send videos of the system working, and details of the system with pictures of the installation so that you can make sure that you would be comfortable installing the module. (I guess if you weren't, a local stereo shop would be able to install it in 30 minutes or so..)

RE: Easy remote closing of the rear tailgate \ hatch - m_101 - 04-02-2014 08:10pm

Price dependent I would love one of these!