babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick (/Thread-Limitations-for-the-mp3-on-a-USB-stick)

Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick - polkfdss - 27-01-2014 09:34pm

Hi,

I am trying to make a USB key filled with mp3 for a friend, and it seems that not all the songs are visible. I ran into similar problems when building my SD card for my Audi Q5 (you can see the story here: http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=24521358#post24521358 ), until I learned the limitations for the Q5, namely: Maximum 99 files per playlist and 512 files per directory. I ended up splitting my songs in 4 directory and everything was fine (I also had to transcode m4a and flac songs).

I'd like to know the limitations for the RR Evoque:
1- Max number of files in a given directory?
2- Max number of files total on the usb key
3- Supported formats (wma, mp3, m4a, ogg, flac, etc?)
4- Is this normal that it seems playlists are NOT supported in the RR system? That seems ludicrous...
5- Max length for filename of directories
6- Max depth of nested directories

Any other limitation that you are aware? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick - PhilSkill - 27-01-2014 10:36pm

If you read through this there's info on limitations people have come across.

List of USB Sticks

RE: Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick - polkfdss - 27-01-2014 10:39pm

(27-01-2014 10:36pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  If you read through this there's info on limitations people have come across.

List of USB Sticks

I'll take a look, but there is 13 pages and the subject is about which usb device work and don't work. I had already skimmed through the first 4 pages of that thread and it didn't seem to really answer my question. Do you have specifics that you recall?

Thanks

RE: Limitations for the mp3 on a USB stick - PhilSkill - 28-01-2014 03:29pm

(27-01-2014 10:39pm)polkfdss Wrote:  I'll take a look, but there is 13 pages and the subject is about which usb device work and don't work. I had already skimmed through the first 4 pages of that thread and it didn't seem to really answer my question. Do you have specifics that you recall?

Thanks

Post #124