babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Got my car serviced today! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Got my car serviced today! (/Thread-Got-my-car-serviced-today)

Got my car serviced today! - BA74 - 08-01-2014 01:35pm

Not exciting in itself however when I drove away I was sure that the accelerator felt more responsive. It just felt like it had less lag and changed gears smoother. It's an Si4... Do you think there was software updates or was it just that I was driving the loan Freelander diesel for the day!

RE: Got my car serviced today! - moet008 - 11-01-2014 12:34am

(08-01-2014 01:35pm)BA74 Wrote:  Not exciting in itself however when I drove away I was sure that the accelerator felt more responsive. It just felt like it had less lag and changed gears smoother. It's an Si4... Do you think there was software updates or was it just that I was driving the loan Freelander diesel for the day!

I also noticed a subtle improvement (esp when accelerating from standstill) since my 1 month service yesterday. Also a Si4 owner

RE: Got my car serviced today! - TRC - 13-01-2014 05:12am

(08-01-2014 01:35pm)BA74 Wrote:  Not exciting in itself however when I drove away I was sure that the accelerator felt more responsive. It just felt like it had less lag and changed gears smoother. It's an Si4... Do you think there was software updates or was it just that I was driving the loan Freelander diesel for the day!

Hi BA74

I am looking at changing my wife's 2008 Freelander2 TD4. Always had diesel vehicles and have been pretty happy with them. I am considering the Evoque and just wondering what the realistic consumption of the petrol model is like? Any chance of your opinion?

RE: Got my car serviced today! - BA74 - 13-01-2014 10:22am

TRC,
No problem. I have had my Si4 for over 18 months and have used it in both Regional NSW and Metro. On longer a Regional driving I was able to consistently get +600km per tank at ~8 l/100km. In more city driving I get ~500km per tank at 10-11 l/100km. I'm more than happy with my Evoque and still plan on updating to another Si4 (Dynamic this time). You won't be disappointed...

RE: Got my car serviced today! - TRC - 14-01-2014 01:23am

(13-01-2014 10:22am)BA74 Wrote:  TRC,
No problem. I have had my Si4 for over 18 months and have used it in both Regional NSW and Metro. On longer a Regional driving I was able to consistently get +600km per tank at ~8 l/100km. In more city driving I get ~500km per tank at 10-11 l/100km. I'm more than happy with my Evoque and still plan on updating to another Si4 (Dynamic this time). You won't be disappointed...

Hi BA74,
Thanks for the reply. Given the the fact there is little advantage in the cost of diesel these days, it seems on the basis of your consumption experience that petrol may be the go this time.

RE: Got my car serviced today! - BA74 - 14-01-2014 09:44am

No worries...
My trips are mostly short now so definitely getting Si4. Short trips not good for diesels.