babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults (/Thread-Please-i-need-a-solution-here-evoque-faults)

Pages: 1 2

Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - werdegars - 01-12-2013 06:04pm

hello evoque lover,

i am facing a problem here with my car, it started yesterday
i have got so many warnings in my information screen at ONCE out of sudden
i have tried to switch off the ignition and restart the car but the same, warning not disappear

because of this faults, the steering wheel become heavy to do turning,
but if i restart the car, it back to normal but slowly become heavy again after a few minutes

i put put the image below (red circled),
please i need someone who understand more about this car to provide me a solution

[Image: LFAd87A.jpg]

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - MarkA_ - 01-12-2013 06:49pm

I had this same type of problem happen to my BMW earlier this year which resulted in electronic brakeforce distribution failure (ie same as your emergency brake assist message above) and electronic stability control failure (your other msg above). It ended up being a faulty hydro unit and required a repair kit to fix.

It's likely to be something similar I'd say. Some kind of hydraulic pump error. Maybe low hydraulic pressure?

You're going to need to take it in for service. I'd assume this would be fixed under warranty. I would try not to drive much until fixed.

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - Jeroma - 01-12-2013 09:27pm

[quote='MarkA_' pid='94093' dateline='1385920149']
I had this same type of problem happen to my BMW earlier this year which resulted in electronic brakeforce distribution failure (ie same as your emergency brake assist message above) and electronic stability control failure (your other msg above). It ended up being a faulty hydro unit and required a repair kit to fix.
On ice and snow it must be impossible to drive a car with stability control active, isn't it possible to deactivate it
or does the system take account of wheels spinning on all 4 corners

Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - MarkA_ - 01-12-2013 09:36pm

On snow and ice I'd assume you would put the evoque into snow/ice terrain response?

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - broady43 - 01-12-2013 10:32pm

It could be a mechanical problem or it could be a software problem.The main thing is it could make the car unsafe so take it straight to the dealers or make them come and get it .

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - PhilSkill - 02-12-2013 01:01am

Looks like a brake issue or brake sensor issue. All faults there relate to brake features like EPB, DSC, ABS.

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - werdegars - 02-12-2013 07:37pm

(02-12-2013 01:01am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Looks like a brake issue or brake sensor issue. All faults there relate to brake features like EPB, DSC, ABS.

Yes, i thought so, is it because of the brake pad almost exhaust? (thin)
if i take a look at the brake pad, some of are thinner
or is anyone know what is the warning message if the brake pad need to be replace with a new one?

(01-12-2013 09:36pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  On snow and ice I'd assume you would put the evoque into snow/ice terrain response?

my country do not have snow weather my friend Smile

(01-12-2013 06:49pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  I had this same type of problem happen to my BMW earlier this year which resulted in electronic brakeforce distribution failure (ie same as your emergency brake assist message above) and electronic stability control failure (your other msg above). It ended up being a faulty hydro unit and required a repair kit to fix.

It's likely to be something similar I'd say. Some kind of hydraulic pump error. Maybe low hydraulic pressure?

You're going to need to take it in for service. I'd assume this would be fixed under warranty. I would try not to drive much until fixed.

i hope it is not that the problem, because i am very very seldom driving my evoque,
i own my evoque for 1,3 years now, and it still not even 12000 KM mile age

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - mark_n - 03-12-2013 06:08am

I agree with Phil, things like traction control, stability control and hill descent control use the brakes to brake individual wheels so a failure will affect multiple functions. Since your steering is also getting heavy, that points to a hydraulic failure too. Since the steering is OK when you first start the car (and the hydraulic reservoir is probably topped up), that point to a hydraulic leak or a faulty pressure sensor.

Check the hydraulic fluid level but you will probably need to get the car into the dealer.

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - werdegars - 04-12-2013 12:31pm

yes the dealer have identified the problem
its the "speed sensor" that is not working on one of the wheel
in my case on left rear side that having problem

RE: Please i need a solution here, evoque faults - PhilSkill - 04-12-2013 02:45pm

Hi Werdegars,

Great you have it fixed, and interesting for the future for when people have this fault. Not an unusual fault to have a speed sensor fail so good to see the actual effect of a sensor failure like this. Thanks for sharing both fault and solution.