babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Pirelli verde Tyres - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Going Off Tarmac (/Forum-Going-Off-Tarmac)
+--- Thread: Pirelli verde Tyres (/Thread-Pirelli-verde-Tyres)

Pages: 1 2

Pirelli verde Tyres - Mightymildred - 22-10-2013 07:20pm

How have people found these for off roading and snow driving?

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - PhilSkill - 22-10-2013 08:22pm

Been good on Snow for 2 winters, and they are All season Mud and snow.

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - cjfp - 22-10-2013 08:26pm

+1

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - Barton Evoque - 22-10-2013 08:31pm

+2

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - Trapdoor - 23-10-2013 09:59pm

THE best tyre OEM fitted to the Evoque ... So glad I opted for TPMS as that was the tyre fitted to the 19" TPMS equipped alloys.

I still bought a set of Pirelli Winter Snow tyres though as the dealer couldn't tell me what tyres would come on the car before it arrived.

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - Mightymildred - 23-10-2013 10:09pm

(23-10-2013 09:59pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  THE best tyre OEM fitted to the Evoque ... So glad I opted for TPMS as that was the tyre fitted to the 19" TPMS equipped alloys.

I still bought a set of Pirelli Winter Snow tyres though as the dealer couldn't tell me what tyres would come on the car before it arrived.

Please excuse my ignorance EmbarrassedEmbarrassed what does tpms mean?

Oh tyre pressure monitoring system!?

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - Krx - 23-10-2013 10:31pm

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=tpms&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FTire-pressure_monitoring_system&ei=7T9oUsm-MMnItQb2gYGICg&usg=AFQjCNG0Cjk55V8M5UHnGNretYIGCK48iA&sig2=2anPO85AMPQEjS2TKeZxLw&bvm=bv.55123115,d.Yms

; )

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - j7david - 30-10-2013 10:18pm

They're good but not fantastic on snow. They don't have the tight grip that my previous car's Contintental TS830 proper winter tyres had.

They're not as good as an all-terrain or mud-terrain tyre off road, but they're not bad.

The Evoque's 4WD system will get you traction to move forward *despite* the sub-optimal grip in snow, but it won't be able to stop you if/when you loose grip.

They're a decent compromise, but they're never going to be quite as good as a pure road tyre, a proper winter tyre, or an proper off-road tyre.

I presume you mean the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tyres; there are Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres which are NOT the same thing.

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - m_101 - 05-11-2013 11:29pm

I'm thinking when I get tyres replaced I'm going to replace with these - look way better than the continentals it came with!

RE: Pirelli verde Tyres - Mightymildred - 28-12-2013 12:18pm

AWFUL!!Rolling Eyes
We had a beautiful frost on Boxing day- where it looks like it has snowed but its actually just frost, the car was TERRIBLE. At very slow speeds we had no grip. In IDENTICAL conditions last year but with wintracs and the year before pirelli ATRs on my FL2s, I had no problems (exactly the same route). I am thoroughly disappointed. They will have to go. Hopefully AJS tyres will be along shortly to rescue me from this situation.
Sad