babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
I just killed a rattle today - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: I just killed a rattle today (/Thread-I-just-killed-a-rattle-today)

I just killed a rattle today - Bowl - 20-10-2013 12:53am

I've been hunting this very annoying rattle for months, and I've finally found it.

First, remove the centre console. (Big thanks to Powerful UK)

---> http://youtu.be/_b_qio8CYlk

With the console out, you will see these 6 metal clips. They are loosely attached and you can wiggle them with your finger, hence the rattle.

[Image: null_zps521bb01c.jpg]

And here's the fix, quite simple. I just taped them down. That's it, no more rattle!!!!

[Image: null_zpsf11d947a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps21288e99.jpg]

RE: I just killed a rattle today - speary - 20-10-2013 10:41pm

We'll found. I have developed a buzzing from the left a pillar when on the move. Does anybody know what this is

RE: I just killed a rattle today - PhilSkill - 20-10-2013 11:24pm

There was an A pillar rattle fix on here somewhere, worth scouring for, seemed to be where the join is between pillar and dash, and lubricating in the join somehow.

Mines started rattling in the rear a few months ago and i've found the plastic trim at the top of the tailgate guttering that seals to the back of the roof is loose, found it while looking at the rust staining in the tailgate area

RE: I just killed a rattle today - benzina - 21-10-2013 02:06am

(20-10-2013 11:24pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  There was an A pillar rattle fix on here somewhere, worth scouring for, seemed to be where the join is between pillar and dash, and lubricating in the join somehow.

Mines started rattling in the rear a few months ago and i've found the plastic trim at the top of the tailgate guttering that seals to the back of the roof is loose, found it while looking at the rust staining in the tailgate area

I think you might be talking about my fix ..... see post #15 in the thread ''Have you got a rattle or two?''

Link - http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-got-a-rattle-or-two?page=2

RE: I just killed a rattle today - m_101 - 05-01-2014 12:47pm

So after PhilSkill pointed me back to this thread, I tried this this morning.
I may have been (quite a bit) more generous with the tape than you and also taped a couple of the bearing areas with some more "cushioned" foam type tape.
I also took the liberty of tightening up just about every other screw I could find in the centre console at the same time (by hand so as not to overdo anything), a couple in there were a bit loose!
Went for a quick test drive earlier and it seems to have really done the trick - thanks for finding this Bowl!
By the way it is REALLY simple to remove the top of the centre console - if I can do it anyone can!

RE: I just killed a rattle today - tetstb - 05-01-2014 07:20pm

Point is you shouldn't have to resort to shed engineering

RE: I just killed a rattle today - m_101 - 05-01-2014 07:44pm

True, but Land Rover's "Rattle Kit" didn't solve it. So I had to resort to trying something myself. If it fails to cure the problem then I'll go back to the stealers!

RE: I just killed a rattle today - PhilSkill - 06-01-2014 12:17am

Glad it helped! Enjoy your rattle free Evoque.