babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) (/Thread-Reliability-Rating-Mechanical-Electrical)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - hondafreak - 17-09-2013 09:43pm

(16-09-2013 11:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Perfect 10 from me.

13 months and no problems 10 points

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - Stevemac1 - 08-06-2014 11:29am

A low 2 from me. In only 8.5k miles.. DAB failure, strut bearing failure, front shock failure, full new set of suspension bushes, not to mention the replacement tailgateand the rest...

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - buckiebabyrr - 08-06-2014 07:03pm

9 out of 10 after 3k miles Very Happy

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - Redrob - 08-06-2014 11:02pm

2750 miles in nearly 4 months, and it's a 10 from me.

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - Mondray0 - 03-08-2014 12:47pm

8. For me currently in the flat battery club

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - markdartj - 26-12-2014 05:51am

Nine for me. Just a gearbox fault burp, nothing since, just had 5K/Six Mo. service, no problems. My brother-in-law saw mine and is getting one.

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - XFullFatTim - 26-12-2014 10:37am

Well I'm updating this, I'm now 9 months into ownership of my 2nd Evoque and mechanically/ electrically it was fantastic up to the recent gearbox software update which caused me on two occassions in one journey to have to pull off the motorway and stop and reboot the ECU's, but worse and far more dangerous was the third occassion when in the oustide lane of a 2 lane section of motorway, overtaking lines of trucks all doing 56mph the car went into reduced power mode at 70mph causing speed to immediately drop to 30mph causing almost causing heart failure for me and the driver of a Disco4 who was only a car length behind me.............. LRCS was brilliant and got the car booked into my nearest dealer for the next morning, car was hooked up to a diagnostic computer and a malfunctioning DPF sensor was diagnosed. BUT I have been so unhappy with this car that it will be offloaded for something else as soon as I get back in March. I've had enough for £10000 car quality at £55000 car prices and consider my 2nd Evoque to be a joke. It would also appear that quite a few of us who have had faith to replace our first, perfectly servicable 2011/12MY Evoques for supposedly better 2014MY cars have suffered abysmal build quality and consequent disallusionment with the brand. To be honest after the issues with my current car I wouldn't recommend anybody buys a 2014MY car and considers buying an early 2015MY very very carefully - I think Halewood is stretched too far at the moment with getting mega orders for Evoque fulfilled and bringing DiscoSport on stream and have lost the plot on quality control - certainly Evoque cannot any longer be seen as a premium/quality product until such time as LR ups their game on quality control. The car is now WAY overpriced for what it is.

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - speedbird - 26-12-2014 12:56pm

I wouldn't say it is overpriced. What is comparable? Macan with the similar options I would want would come in at 60k. Lower prestige prands don't compare. Drove the audi q3 and the evoque is leagues above. Have you seen the interior of the q3! Looks like a vw not a 40k car!
See you had bad luck with yours hope it improves!

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - J77 - 26-12-2014 01:21pm

Having driving the DS now, I find the interior fit and finish far superior to the Evoque, no creaks or rattles and LR seem to have improved the Auto but I'm sticking with the manual.

Halewood has had £200million invested in it, with machines that are designed to improve quality and from the short time I've spent with the car early signs are good.

The Evoques quality has never matched the rest of the Range Rover range, but hopefully with this new investment it should improve.

Not Fancy a DS Tim? I wasn't sure about it at first, I was thinking about cancelling, but I was pleasantly surprised after my test drive.

I've marked my Evoque 10, because it never let me down.

Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical) - AAA86 - 01-01-2015 12:07pm

I had the car now for over a year "2013" almost 2 actually. Its been great with no major issues other than the coolant level problem n some squeaks from the driver seat. I have a coupe mind u!
So am giving mine a 9.
Its sad to see and hear the issues with those new models, because am thinking of getting a new car n am not sure if i will be considering one?! [emoji30]