babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) (/Thread-Key-fob-rubber-lining-detached)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - benzina - 16-11-2013 04:53am

I'm on my second one which was already a warranty replacement,and this one is also starting to lift. I glued it this time.
Does the Vogue and Sport use the same key fob? With so many of these things out there and coming in to be replaced by this common fault, surely they would have rectified this with the manufacturer by now by using better glue or something.
I wonder if the newer updated matt black case versions suffer the same thing?

Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - Inges - 17-11-2013 01:17am

Gonna go in and change the key for the third time now, due too these problems, getting kinda fed up with this now. Oh well it's warranty, but still annoying.

/Inge

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - speary - 20-11-2013 09:51am

(17-11-2013 01:17am)Inges Wrote:  Gonna go in and change the key for the third time now, due too these problems, getting kinda fed up with this now. Oh well it's warranty, but still annoying.

/Inge

I did a wrap on mine
Http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694/speary8/Misc/photo_zps847e259c.jpg

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - Bodlyfunctions - 13-08-2014 07:58am

Dealer just replaced mine too. 2.5yrs old. Not a quibble just did it. Great service. Never known of keys being replaced FOC before. Thank you JLR

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - BA74 - 13-08-2014 11:55am

Mine has just started to detach as well. Will get sorted next service...

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - harrydor - 21-08-2014 09:30am

Hi my evoque is just over a year old my key had this issue when it went in for its first service the dealer provided me with a new key under warranty great dealer service Stratstone houghton le spring

RE: Key fob rubber lining detached,... (?) - BA74 - 21-08-2014 10:11am

(13-08-2014 11:55am)BA74 Wrote:  Mine has just started to detach as well. Will get sorted next service...

Both key fobs replaced under warranty. No probs...