babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? (/Thread-My-new-Evoque-TD4-whistles-at-me-should-I-be-concerned)

My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? - Ryker - 02-08-2013 02:31pm

Hi everyone - totally brand new to Range Rovers, 4WD's, Evoque's & Forums but its a must when you own one!

After close to a 4 month wait, just brought our new Evoque home - still all surreal to actually have it in the garage. Absolutely love it though.

Tomorrow will take her for a long drive but today's short drive was so much fun (only ever test drove it). Also own an HSV/GTS (Bogandore!) therefore assumed we'd struggle with the difference in power but have been happily surprised. She's a zippy little thing, not sluggish at all and handles extremely well.

Have only owned her for a few hours but noticed when we went out to have a play around with the sound system & turned the engine off, there was a high pitched whistling sound coming from the engine (no, not the cat!!). Started her up, reversed her out & back in the garage and it stopped.

I Googled this issue and a lot of the UK forums said it was normal - the whistling can go for a couple of minutes to an hour after the engine is off - sounds strange so i'm wondering if anyone else (ie in Aust) has this "normal" issue. Many thanks!

RE: My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? - cjfp - 02-08-2013 02:51pm

No, it just fancies you !

(It is normal)

RE: My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? - Mark^^ - 02-08-2013 11:04pm

Hi, congratulations on your new Evoque. I also have a newish Evoque and the whistling noise only goes on for a short time, and it happens every time you turn it off, even if you back it out the garage and its only on for a few minutes. So it has something's to do with the car turning itself off and it's nothing to be concerned.

Just enjoy the great ride

RE: My new Evoque TD4 whistles at me - should I be concerned?? - Ryker - 03-08-2013 01:07am

(02-08-2013 11:04pm)Mark^^ Wrote:  Hi, congratulations on your new Evoque. I also have a newish Evoque and the whistling noise only goes on for a short time, and it happens every time you turn it off, even if you back it out the garage and its only on for a few minutes. So it has something's to do with the car turning itself off and it's nothing to be concerned.

Just enjoy the great ride

Mark - Thanks so much for the response - you've put my mind at ease!

Hahaha - I use that excuse if anyone asks.

(02-08-2013 02:51pm)cjfp Wrote:  No, it just fancies you !

(It is normal)