babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sat Nav France - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Sat Nav France (/Thread-Sat-Nav-France)

Pages: 1 2

Sat Nav France - Geezer71 - 13-07-2013 04:47pm

Just to let you all know I have just come back from driving the Evoque to France and the sat nav was superb it took me to the exact place and we covered a total of 1600 miles and she never put a step wrong, absolute joy.

RE: Sat Nav France - SINGHY - 14-07-2013 11:13am

Geezer
I too went to France and drove on to Tuscany and back, the sat nav was superb, contrary to some of the claims made by the sat nav whingers on the forum.

RE: Sat Nav France - Wak - 14-07-2013 12:12pm

Hi, sorry to change the subject slightly but I'm driving to Southern France in six weeks and really appreciate your post re the satnav however can you advise if any modification was required for the headlights (xenons) as I've had differing opinion from several sources, including dealers. Thanks.

RE: Sat Nav France - SINGHY - 14-07-2013 12:27pm

No adjustments needed to headlights I think they're already set up for EU driving according to the manual. I drove from the north of France right down to the Côte d'Azur then across to Italy and back without any issues.

RE: Sat Nav France - Geezer71 - 14-07-2013 01:01pm

Definitely no change needed to headlights, my dealer assured me the lights are set up for both sides of road.
Regards and enjoy.

RE: Sat Nav France - Wak - 14-07-2013 06:50pm

Excellent news. Thanks very much for replying and help.

RE: Sat Nav France - Squidly73 - 15-07-2013 06:30am

How bizarre, some french users reports that they receive their evoque with uk headlight fitting and do the modification at their dealers

Certainly some swap until construction?,,

RE: Sat Nav France - Barton Evoque - 15-07-2013 07:16am

I think some adjustment must be needed mine definally point to the left of the road.

RE: Sat Nav France - griff - 15-07-2013 08:11am

how do you input french postcodes as a matter of interest?

Sat Nav France - Geezer71 - 15-07-2013 09:17am

Just as it reads. For instance 172350 I remember was one, that took me to the door with just the numbers