babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? (/Thread-Exterior-Plastic-Windscreen-Trim-Wobbly)

Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - B_o_b_o - 12-07-2013 07:42pm

I was cleaning my windscreen earlier and immediately noticed the glossy black plastic trim running adjacent to the drivers door aside the windscreen moves slightly and the passenger side remains in place.

I'm thinking about giving my local dealer a call about this as I'd rather my exterior trim to remain where it should be. I'm fully expecting this to be rectified under warranty.

Has anyone else had this and is it a big job to rectify??

RE: Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - berlin2011 - 12-07-2013 09:31pm

Had same on my first Evoque - dealer swapped clips etc. didn't help any (never did fall of though). That said it was a little disconcerting.

Do you have excessive wind noise by any chance? Another problem I had with that Evoque that never could be cured.

RE: Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - B_o_b_o - 12-07-2013 10:21pm

(12-07-2013 09:31pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Had same on my first Evoque - dealer swapped clips etc. didn't help any (never did fall of though). That said it was a little disconcerting.

Do you have excessive wind noise by any chance? Another problem I had with that Evoque that never could be cured.

No wind noise thankfully but to think this is a Range Rover and that it should be built to last (especially at this price level), having wobbly bits of exterior trim is a worry.

Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - Stadt Panzer - 13-07-2013 07:46am

Had this on my D4. Dealer replaced and that was that.

Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - gibbyd - 13-07-2013 04:04pm

Mine squeaked and wobbled after a new screen was fitted.
Have had a second screen fitted after another massive stone hit.
This time they fitted new pillar caps as a standard procedure. These are now rock solid. :0)

RE: Exterior Plastic Windscreen Trim Wobbly? - B_o_b_o - 02-04-2014 10:38pm

Dealer replaced under warranty. Solved.