babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Touch screen responsiveness - slow - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Touch screen responsiveness - slow (/Thread-Touch-screen-responsiveness-slow)

Pages: 1 2

Touch screen responsiveness - slow - superchunk - 12-06-2013 08:02pm

I find the touchscreen and overall sat/nav/entertainment/communication system very slow and infuriating. Many times I am not sure if the system picked up on my selections or if it is slowly processing them. Often, I find my selections repeated many times after a several second delay as I tried pressing my selection several times.

Is there any news of how this can or will be improved or am I just stuck with it? It is probably the most irritating thing on the car I that I mostly enjoy. Are there any software updates that address it?

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - speary - 13-06-2013 08:06am

I have a major intermittent problem with the buttons on the steering wheel. Often they dont work and often the buttons perform a different function, eg yesterday the + button was changing the mode and the mode button did nothing. To be fair Liam has contacted me to get it fixed but i dont really have any confidence in it getting fixed as Williams Land Rover claim that they replaced the button unit at my first service but i still have the problem. Plus I get sooooo frustrated when Dealers say they have fixed problems or come up with the usual "It was OK when we tried it" and I drive home and the fault is still there. I really dont need the stress, nor can I keep wasting my time taking it to the dealers every few months.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - PhilSkill - 13-06-2013 08:46am

You can turn off screen animations that make the system even slower than normal, but it's not fast, so make sure they are off in the Setup menu. Only problem it causes me a problem is in the NAV entry when entering a Post code/Road Name, although you can type ahead, you invariably get it wrong if you try doing that.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - Evo-king - 13-06-2013 01:36pm

I notice it most in radio mode.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - superchunk - 13-06-2013 05:35pm

Thanks to all for your early participation in the poll and your comments.
Based on the early results, it's reassuring to know that most people agree that the system is slow. I hope that there is a way to fix it in the future.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - Offroadstu - 13-06-2013 07:41pm

Mine is far quicker/responsive than the brand new Discovery 4 HSE I had on loan while mine had the alarm issue fixed.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - ED209 - 13-06-2013 08:58pm

A review of the new RRS i read today mentioned the same issue. It appears to have the same unit.

The vw unit in my skoda is much quicker than the evoques.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - goldenboi79 - 15-06-2013 02:35am

I find it fine except when entering addresses into the sat nav. The 1-2 sec delay after I hit a number is unacceptable. I have heard it blamed on the intelligent letter selection (i.e. greying out unavailable character), but this is not true as my previous jag/land rover systems also had this (same sat nav oem) and were instantaneous.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - Wife's car - 15-06-2013 09:37am

I agree with goldenboi79, the only issue I find with the radio sat nav is the slight delay between postcode inputs, which can at times be annoying.

RE: Touch screen responsiveness - slow - moofish - 15-06-2013 01:30pm

I can say that turning the animation off offers considerable improvement in response time. I don't use the NAV much, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I still think the system responsiveness should be improved.