babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Retrofitting after delivery - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Retrofitting after delivery (/Thread-Retrofitting-after-delivery)

Retrofitting after delivery - Ezandania - 14-08-2011 04:20am

I was just wondering, maybe others might wonder too, how easy it is (or if feasible) to retrofit these, should you not spec it earlier (perhaps due to budget or need):

1) Surround Camera
2) Fitting the Dynamic kit after spec'ing the Prestige/Pure kit with surround camera
3) HDD Navigation System
4) Rear Seat Entertainment
5) Dual-View
6) Park Assist
7) Blind Spot Monitoring
Cool Adaptive Dynamics
9) the 825W Meridian system

RE: Retrofitting after delivery - RRE - 14-08-2011 04:29am

Unnecessary quote removed

IMHO, they all seem quite impossible to retrofit since all of them need some "Hardware" pieces, it's not only Software

RE: Retrofitting after delivery - mark_n - 14-08-2011 05:28am

My experience with other vendors is that retro-fitting is close to impossible and is always hugely more expensive for 3 reasons - new parts are at spare part prices, you get to keep the redundant parts which you have already paid for and the labour to install involves dismantling the car to a certain level which is not required when the option is going in to start with.

The real no-no is if wiring loom changes are required. The wiring loom is one of the first parts to go in and if changes are required, it will be next to impossible.

RE: Retrofitting after delivery - Ezandania - 14-08-2011 06:58am

I hope dem LandRover guys sees this post, and make the Prestige Interior pack for the Dynamic! Or vice-versa make a Dynamic Styling Pack for the Prestige!! Esp when you already have the surround cameras fitted...really am in a dilemma between choosing these two trims...