babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Delivery Charge? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Delivery Charge? (/Thread-Delivery-Charge)

Delivery Charge? - pacmeoff - 12-03-2013 09:51pm

Hi,

Placed an order yesterday for an Evoque which is in dealer stock so they are having it transported from Scotland to the Midlands and they have charged £28.34 delivery.

When I questioned it I was told it's a Land Rover charge.

I know it's not a massive amount of money but I thought delivery charges on JLR products are included in the retail price.

Anyone else in the UK been charged for delivery?

Regards
Paul

RE: Delivery Charge? - The Valeter - 12-03-2013 10:02pm

(12-03-2013 09:51pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  Hi,

Placed an order yesterday for an Evoque which is in dealer stock so they are having it transported from Scotland to the Midlands and they have charged £28.34 delivery.

When I questioned it I was told it's a Land Rover charge.

I know it's not a massive amount of money but I thought delivery charges on JLR products are included in the retail price.

Anyone else in the UK been charged for delivery?

Regards
Paul

Delivery is included in the OTR price & it's a lot more than £28,,,,more like £500.

RE: Delivery Charge? - speary - 13-03-2013 08:57am

I think the built in delivery charge is from factory to the first main dealer. Yours is taking another trip. I must say its a bit tight of the dealer if he wont pay £28 on your behalf on a £30k + car

RE: Delivery Charge? - Fitcherama - 13-03-2013 10:34am

I would tell the dealer to remove the charge - you are buying an expensive new car! Either that or insist on a full tank of fuel when you collect it...

RE: Delivery Charge? - WB - 13-03-2013 11:18am

Dealers will try anything on including adding paint protection, wheel and tyre insurance etc without you asking. Be firm and tell them to take it off.