babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? (/Thread-Anyone-Used-Chemical-Guys-Pro-Detailing-Spray)

Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - THEMACS - 20-02-2013 09:45pm

Have ordered the above today after doing a little research, has anyone used this and if so is it any good?

I have just give the Evoque a good cleaning and a good coat of Autoglym HD wax and wanted something good to keep the finish inbetween waxes

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - doug - 20-02-2013 09:58pm

I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

Just spray & wipe off for that just waxed look.

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - THEMACS - 20-02-2013 10:28pm

(20-02-2013 09:58pm)doug Wrote:  I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

Thanks, sounds like its a good productVery Happy

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - xxxx5 - 21-02-2013 10:41am

(20-02-2013 09:45pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Have ordered the above today after doing a little research, has anyone used this and if so is it any good?

I have just give the Evoque a good cleaning and a good coat of Autoglym HD wax and wanted something good to keep the finish inbetween waxes

Yep, use it all the time. Great product you won't be disappointed.

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - THEMACS - 02-03-2013 04:53pm

Just used this after washing the car with Zymol auto wash, the Detail Spray is fantastic, much better finish than the C1 Gtechniq that I used before and Way way cheaper for the bottle size, would recommend leaves a fabulous shine and is very easy to useVery Happy

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - dynamicgirl - 12-06-2013 01:12pm

(20-02-2013 09:58pm)doug Wrote:  I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

The CG's range is my favourite and I too find their Speed Wipe is far and away the best quick detailing spray, ..I have tried loads of quick detailers, Dodo Juice Red Mist, Poor Boys Quick Detailer +, Meguiars Quick Detailer Mist and nothing comes close to the CG Speed Wipe IMO and it's not the most expensive. It dries very quickly, leaving a streak-free, glossy finish and it smells good enough to drink (but please don't!) Very Happy. If you haven't got time to go to town on claying, polishing, sealing and waxing, a quick wash using the 2 bucket method with sheepskin wash mitt and an all over spritz and buff-up with Speed Wipe is enough between full details to keep the car looking its best. Smile Paula xx

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - PhilSkill - 12-06-2013 02:13pm

(02-03-2013 04:53pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Just used this after washing the car with Zymol auto wash, the Detail Spray is fantastic, much better finish than the C1 Gtechniq that I used before and Way way cheaper for the bottle size, would recommend leaves a fabulous shine and is very easy to useVery Happy

Interesting comparison Themacs, C1 isn't a quick detailer, it's a ceramic coating to help avoid swirls and protect the paint, you would normally coat C1 with a further gloss coat, such as C1.5 or C2 anyway.

I use C2v2 which is very good and can be used wet but can't compare to CG as i've not tried it, is it useable on a wet car? as I find this is the most useful spray where you don't have to have the car completely dry before finishing with a QD.

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray? - doug - 12-06-2013 04:32pm

Only used C2 not the newer C2v2,its very easy to apply & can be watered down as a QD spray but for me it lacks depth (I do use a sealant not wax on my White van, as light colours suit sealants) it's good but each to there own on detailing products. If I had C1 as my sealant I would be using there "top up" products to help prolong the life of the sealant. But I like the extra wet depth & flake pop that only a wax can offer + a 2year sealant would be wasted in me as I love to fully detail the paint twice a year.

So is CG speed wipe better than C2? if used over a wax yes, but on any of the long life sealants I would use the same brand to extend it's life.