babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Retrofitting reversing camera - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Retrofitting reversing camera (/Thread-Retrofitting-reversing-camera)

Pages: 1 2 3

Retrofitting reversing camera - Evogirl - 31-01-2013 12:22pm

Hi has anyone successfully retrofitted the reversing camera to their Evoque, unfortunately my Evoque has entered the build schedule and cannot be amended. I wish that I'd specced the camera and I did have one retrofitted to my VW Golf...anyone?

On the upside at least my car is nearer to build and therefore nearer to me too Very Happy

Thanks

Retrofitting reversing camera - Filski - 31-01-2013 03:00pm

You can but it loses some functionality eg. Guidance lines.

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - WB - 31-01-2013 05:36pm

Take off your tailgate trim bar (video on youtube) and see if the connector is there - if it is then it could be a simple retrofit. I recall some early prestiges being built without them and the dealers said it couldn't be retrofitted (no surprise there)

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - Evogirl - 31-01-2013 06:54pm

Thanks I wll have a look into it when I get the car.
[/i]

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - doug - 31-01-2013 11:30pm

I did Cool

It's no easy job as none of the cables are factory fitted. I can understand why no dealer would take on the task.
I'm sure I give details on what work was needed on a post some ware, will see if I can find it.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Retrofitting-Rear-Camera-and-front-sensors-post-delivery?highlight=Rear+camera. post#6

If you need more details, send me a e-mail & I will forward you the fitting list I put together for a few other members.

Retrofitting reversing camera - EpicEvo - 01-02-2013 10:56am

Would you mind forwarding that email to me at all mate? I'd be interested in this...

Epic.admin@gmail.com

Many thanks Smile

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - doug - 01-02-2013 04:51pm

(01-02-2013 10:56am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Would you mind forwarding that email to me at all mate? I'd be interested in this...

Epic.admin@gmail.com

Many thanks Smile

Will sent it tonight when my PC gets powered up.

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - superfox - 02-02-2013 03:37am

(01-02-2013 04:51pm)doug Wrote:  Will sent it tonight when my PC gets powered up.

+1 add me to the e-mail I'm looking at the stage in motion set up.

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - whatnine - 16-11-2013 11:09am

(31-01-2013 11:30pm)doug Wrote:  I did Cool

It's no easy job as none of the cables are factory fitted. I can understand why no dealer would take on the task.
I'm sure I give details on what work was needed on a post some ware, will see if I can find it.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Retrofitting-Rear-Camera-and-front-sensors-post-delivery?highlight=Rear+camera. post#6

If you need more details, send me a e-mail & I will forward you the fitting list I put together for a few other members.

Hey Doug or can anyone else tell me if there is a better quality camera out there? I have the stock reverse camera but the quality if terrible compared to my other car. Just wondering if there is a special size or adapter the car needs? Any recommendations?

Thanks

RE: Retrofitting reversing camera - cjfp - 16-11-2013 11:46am

(16-11-2013 11:09am)whatnine Wrote:  Hey Doug or can anyone else tell me if there is a better quality camera out there? I have the stock reverse camera but the quality if terrible compared to my other car. Just wondering if there is a special size or adapter the car needs? Any recommendations?

Thanks

I am surprised when people say this as the camera on mine is great quality. I do have to wipe the dirt off now and then but that's all that affects it.