babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! (/Thread-Drive-in-Drive-Out-charge-a-distance-of-maybe-50m)

Pages: 1 2

Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - DOUBLEPLUG - 25-01-2013 12:14am

Folks,

Never come across this in over thirty years of driving and numerous manufacturers and numerous dealers but I have been quoted a £19 inc vat charge on my first service estimate ( TD4 pure ) for driving the car from the dealer forecourt to the service bay, perhaps 50 meters.

Told this is a LR chargeConfused:

Any thoughts appreciated

Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - muff - 25-01-2013 12:25am

Never! Tell then to f@c* off and take your business elsewhere. Then lodge a formal complaint to LR

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - PhilSkill - 25-01-2013 12:30am

P..s Takers, Tell them you'll drive it to the service bay and pick it up there yourself to save the £19, or request a £19 re-charge for the fuel used and wear on your car. There's plenty of Scots on here who will recommend other dealers...
How much are they quoting for a first service?

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - WB - 25-01-2013 02:44am

Name and shame - dealers that behave like that deserve to lose their franchise.

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - eddkawasaki - 25-01-2013 09:06am

Is this anything to do with the new owners of the dealership? Assuming we have the same dealer.

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - RacingSnake - 25-01-2013 11:47am

^^^ Indeed, I heard the dealers had just changed hands in Aberdeen... so maybe they're just "getting up to speed".
A quick F**k off, should help that speed up a bit quicker Very Happy

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - eddkawasaki - 25-01-2013 03:59pm

I hope the service at T&C does not go downhill with the new owners. I was not really impressed with the guy we dealt with at the Vauxhall branch of the new owners when we were looking for a replacement for the wife's Astra. I took their service plan with my evoque so am stuck with them. If they try this crap with me they will find their courtesy car a £19 taxi ride away.

After my land rover experience day the other day I've decided my next one will be an automatic whether it comes from T&C remains to be seen. Almost certainly not if this kind of random charging continues.

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - cjfp - 25-01-2013 06:10pm

That's almost as bad as the £5 charge to fill the washer bottle !

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - ChuckieB - 25-01-2013 07:48pm

Bought a couple of new wiper blades the other day. £40.46 in total. A bit more than the Bosch ones from halfords but a more immediate fit. So I thought I'd give the dealer the benefit of the sale to try them out. They offered to fit them FOC!

Hardly a difficult task on the rr as I already new how to do it. But at least they offered. I was pleasantly surprised.

Still had to confirm to the service manager that he was doing it right and then I ended up fitting the passenger side anyway.Laughing

When it goes in for it's service in the next couple of weeks it'll be going in with a full washer bottle!

RE: Drive in / Drive Out charge - a distance of maybe 50m!!! - IKM - 25-01-2013 08:59pm

I think I know the dealer in question. Just as service was improving at T&C, this new bunch take over, and so far a BIG disappointment!