babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - solved - use space if neccesary - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - solved - use space if neccesary (/Thread-Lack-of-Postcodes-on-the-NAV-solved-use-space-if-neccesary)

Pages: 1 2

Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - solved - use space if neccesary - PhilSkill - 30-12-2012 04:17pm

I've come across 3 occurrences this Christmas period where I've taken down the Postcode of a location I want to get to, but when I enter it into the NAV it does not recognise it! Does it not support the full Postcode list?!!!

Makes it a bit of a pain as trying to locate the road on the map is a pain and often comes up unnamed road too!

Seems too out of date, and it's £200 for the Update off the LR website Mad

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - MarkLondon - 30-12-2012 05:12pm

Out of curiosity, how many updates have LR put out since you bought you Evoque? I assume you can easilly check the version?

I know it doesn't happen often, if at all (or at least not with my Honda), but you would think that it would be a courtesy update for at least one year if not two.

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - Barton Evoque - 30-12-2012 06:46pm

What postcodes did you try ? i can check if they show on mine.Surpised you can't get a free update from your dealer mine said they are free for 1st 3 years.

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - PhilSkill - 31-12-2012 12:10am

WR9 7EA - no updates at all yet on mine at first service.

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - Straydox - 31-12-2012 12:24am

The LR (Navteq I believe) postcode data seems a bit buggy - some have spaces in and some don't and there is no perceptible logic associated to it...

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - PhilSkill - 31-12-2012 12:34am

Hi Straydox, I didnt think you enter a space, it presents you with the possible letters/numbers that can follow as you enter each character... May have to play a bit more, but interesting to know if later models can find the above postcode... of a National trust property.

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - Straydox - 31-12-2012 02:24am

I'll have a try tomorrow Phillskill... Yeah sometimes, I suspect (but not certain) governed by prefix it will offer a space in it's fuzzy logic filter

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - Straydox - 31-12-2012 12:40pm

Ok have checked - WR9 7EA needs a space (bottom left of the soft keyboard) - would appear to be in the middle of nowhere in the vicinity of Droitwich?

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - PhilSkill - 31-12-2012 01:03pm

(31-12-2012 12:40pm)Straydox Wrote:  Ok have checked - WR9 7EA needs a space (bottom left of the soft keyboard) - would appear to be in the middle of nowhere in the vicinity of Droitwich?

Thanks, I'll give it a go Straydox, never considered some need a space and some don't, how utterly Stupid!

Yes It's Hanbury Hall near Droitwich, school road came up unnamed...

[attachment=3164]

RE: Lack of Postcodes on the NAV - James @ Grange Barnet LR - 31-12-2012 05:54pm

Some postcodes will need a space where the first part of the postcode can have either 3 or 4 digits. eg HP22 5GH wouldn't need a space however HP2 5GH would due to the fact that there is both HP2 and HP22, otherwise in all other cases the system adds the space automatically.

James Smile