babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( (/Thread-scratched-plastic-A-Pillar-trim)

scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - Bruno787 - 29-12-2012 01:20pm

i hit a small branch earlier, it scratched the A Pillar black plastic trim (though i cant feel the scratches with my fingernails). how do i buff this out?

will Meguiars Plast X Clear Plastic polish work? (i have an almost full bottle for headlamps of my old car)

RE: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - WB - 30-12-2012 01:30am

worth a try but keep in mind that the black pillars are extremely soft so you'll probably introduce swirl marks while polishing out the scratches and will probably then need a finer polish to get those out. If you have a local detailer it would be worth taking it over as they'll have a selection of polishes to use

RE: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - Bruno787 - 30-12-2012 05:15am

got lucky...the scratch completely buffed out with Meguiars paint polish! very very happy!

RE: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - tripletreiber - 02-01-2013 06:50pm

i use Zaino plastik polish for the black parts.. works well for swirls.. but for scratches??? hmmmQuestion

uuups... two days too late^^

RE: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - MPK - 17-03-2014 11:22am

(30-12-2012 05:15am)Bruno787 Wrote:  got lucky...the scratch completely buffed out with Meguiars paint polish! very very happy!

Did you end up trying specifically the Meguiars Plast X Clear Plastic polish or a standard polish to get rid off the scratch?

RE: scratched plastic A Pillar trim :( - fam1x - 17-03-2014 11:26am

(29-12-2012 01:20pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  i hit a small branch earlier, it scratched the A Pillar black plastic trim (though i cant feel the scratches with my fingernails). how do i buff this out?

will Meguiars Plast X Clear Plastic polish work? (i have an almost full bottle for headlamps of my old car)

Its happened to mine car to not sure how but I have a surface scratch on the rear pillar plastic trim. I would be interested to know if you manage to fix yours.

Thanks