babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase (/Thread-Outright-Purchase-or-Hire-Purchase)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - xxxx5 - 26-12-2012 11:21pm

Pcp for me, wouldn't buy a car any other way now.

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - Vokey - 27-12-2012 01:24am

I did the same as Bodlyfunctions. put it on the house at 2.69% over a 4 year term. The PCP rate was 8.9% and a HP loan was 7.9% If i had the Cash out right i would still buy as PCP and HP rates dont make sense. However i can see some merit in PCP as you can just give the car back after the term and dont have any issues trying to sell it etc.

xxxx5 - whats the reason for your decision?

-------------------------------------
Dynamic SD4 5dr Auto / Firenze Red / Verve interior / Lux pack / Santorini Black contrast roof / Ebony Headliner / Privacy Glass / Heated Steering Wheel / Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheels

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - griff - 27-12-2012 10:10am

HP for me with low interest and payments to match my work car allowance so its cost neutral for me.

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - xxxx5 - 27-12-2012 12:29pm

(27-12-2012 01:24am)Vokey Wrote:  I did the same as Bodlyfunctions. put it on the house at 2.69% over a 4 year term. The PCP rate was 8.9% and a HP loan was 7.9% If i had the Cash out right i would still buy as PCP and HP rates dont make sense. However i can see some merit in PCP as you can just give the car back after the term and dont have any issues trying to sell it etc.

xxxx5 - whats the reason for your decision?

-------------------------------------
Dynamic SD4 5dr Auto / Firenze Red / Verve interior / Lux pack / Santorini Black contrast roof / Ebony Headliner / Privacy Glass / Heated Steering Wheel / Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheels

It just works out cheaper for me, and I change my car every 2-3 years.

Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - muff - 28-12-2012 01:29am

Outright purchase. Don't trust banks or financial institutions anymore.

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - Steveb68 - 28-12-2012 09:23am

Cash purchase

Re: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase - DaveR - 29-12-2012 10:54am

I also in effect borrowed from my mortgage. I used savings to buy the car outright instead of paying the mortgage off with it. .... well you can't take it with you Smile