babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth (/Thread-Voice-control-for-Iphone-via-Bluetooth)

Pages: 1 2

Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - SEC - 19-12-2012 01:56am

Has anyone found a way of getting voice activation / voice dial using the Bluetooth set up in their RRE ?

Scrolling through the phonebook seems a little at odds to me with a safe driving philosophy !

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - slee18 - 19-12-2012 07:13am

Your iPhone have Siri? If you do hold the voice command button down and Siri will respond

If your just using the voice command just say call contact then wait for the system to prompt you

Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Stadt Panzer - 19-12-2012 08:04am

Just use the voice control that came with your RRE! Phone, call contact etc, etc.

Don't see the problem Smile

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Bowl - 20-12-2012 05:58pm

(19-12-2012 07:13am)slee18 Wrote:  Your iPhone have Siri? If you do hold the voice command button down and Siri will respond

If your just using the voice command just say call contact then wait for the system to prompt you

I can't get SIRI to respond, what is your car's software version?

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - slee18 - 22-12-2012 07:43am

3310_110721 I believe

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - SEC - 24-12-2012 01:29am

Thanks to everyone that replied - I think the issue might be that Voice Control is only available with the premium sound system - I took the larger display be did not option for the TOTL 18 Speaker meridien

Looks like I'm back to scrolling through the phone book unless there is something that I am missing

Embarrassed

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - slee18 - 24-12-2012 04:09am

You might require the navigation package for voice control

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Bodlyfunctions - 25-12-2012 12:28am

The SAYS pack works great on mine (I do have to tech pack though so maybe that is the difference?)

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Bowl - 25-12-2012 02:27am

The voice control (Say-What-You-See) works as intended, despite the need for lengthy conversations with the car to get the job done.

Here's an example;

"Call contact"

Evoque: Phone call contact. Name please?

"Natty"

Evoque: Please say a line number

"One"

Evoque: Number one, Natty.... <pause> There is more than one entry for "Natty", Please say a line number

"One"

Dial Natty Mobile. Confirm, yes or no?

"Yes"

Dialing...

-------------------------------------------------

It took me 41 seconds from pressing the button to call my girlfriend, as opposed to 2 seconds using Siri.

And what annoys me quite a lot is the pace that the car speaks, which is slower than the lady in the "Listening Practice for Beginners" tape.

RE: Voice control for Iphone via Bluetooth - Janesy24 - 26-01-2013 05:47pm

(25-12-2012 02:27am)Bowl Wrote:  The voice control (Say-What-You-See) works as intended, despite the need for lengthy conversations with the car to get the job done.

Here's an example;

"Call contact"

Evoque: Phone call contact. Name please?

"Natty"

Evoque: Please say a line number

"One"

Evoque: Number one, Natty.... <pause> There is more than one entry for "Natty", Please say a line number

"One"

Dial Natty Mobile. Confirm, yes or no?

"Yes"

Dialing...

-------------------------------------------------

It took me 41 seconds from pressing the button to call my girlfriend, as opposed to 2 seconds using Siri.

And what annoys me quite a lot is the pace that the car speaks, which is slower than the lady in the "Listening Practice for Beginners" tape.

My dealer told me to press the says button straight after a command and it'll cut the voice out, you can also say call contact (then name) to skip a step. This is on a my2013 so may be different in older versions