babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? (/Thread-Can-You-Get-The-SatNav-to-Shut-Up)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - NightFox - 20-12-2012 12:02pm

Hmmm, that didn't work for me. I tried all the arrow buttons on the left side of the steering wheel when 'she' was talking, and all it did was change the radio channel/volume as it would normally. Maybe something to do with mine being a MY13, as I know that SatNav software is slightly different.

RE: Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - Bowl - 20-12-2012 12:43pm

(19-12-2012 09:24am)NightFox Wrote:  Thanks, that's not what I'm asking though. I want the voice guidance on, I just want to be able to immediately stop it talking if it starts giving me a direction in the middle of a 30 second news story I'm listening to on the radio, but to continue giving me all the following verbal instructions as normal.

Any more than a single touch button to do that is pointless.

Ahh... Sorry mate. My bad.

(19-12-2012 05:47pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Think I remember now; left hand side of the steering wheel, the multi button up, down, left, right. Up/down for volume etc. When she starts talking (no not the wife, doesn't work, tried it!) but the navi push the right hand arrow, as if you we're changing station, it should cut her short.

Great tip. Thanks!!

Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - Stadt Panzer - 20-12-2012 12:54pm

Ok maybe, mine is a 12.

RE: Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - Nantmoel - 10-02-2013 10:00pm

On my Disco 4 XS, using the voice button - say Navigation > Voice Guidance > Off hope this helps

RE: Can You Get The SatNav to Shut Up? - NightFox - 11-02-2013 02:37pm

(10-02-2013 10:00pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  On my Disco 4 XS, using the voice button - say Navigation > Voice Guidance > Off hope this helps

Appreciate the response, but that's just a way of permanently turning off the voice guidance which isn't what I want to do. I want the voice guidance on, I just want to be able to immediately mute it just for a single instruction if it starts speaking when I'm trying to listen to something briefly, like a news story.

I've still not found a way of doing this on my MY13, despite trying all the buttons on the steering wheel... Anyone else?