babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Retro fit rear A/C vents - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Retro fit rear A/C vents (/Thread-Retro-fit-rear-A-C-vents)

Pages: 1 2

Retro fit rear A/C vents - bpwants2ski - 13-12-2012 07:44am

Hi guys does anyone know if the trunking is fitted to cars without rear vents through the centre console as I am keen to fit them off if this is all that is required ?

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - kelvin12382003 - 14-12-2012 08:02am

I just ordered one with A/c vents as an options. I do not understand why cant it fitted as standard???

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - lauwy - 15-12-2012 04:29am

in uk, if you want rear vents you have to order rear seat entertainment system. if you want rear seat entertainment you have to upgrade the speakers. i'm not gonna spend an extra £2k for the system and an extra £1k for the speakers just for a £90 option. i find this absolutely stupid and fustrating.

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - doug - 15-12-2012 09:23am

(15-12-2012 04:29am)lauwy Wrote:  in uk, if you want rear vents you have to order rear seat entertainment system. if you want rear seat entertainment you have to upgrade the speakers. i'm not gonna spend an extra £2k for the system and an extra £1k for the speakers just for a £90 option. i find this absolutely stupid and fustrating.

Welcome Lauwy,
The rear air vent option was removed from the UK Market just after the price list come out, back in April 2011.
I ordered it from the start, but was told a few months latter it was only with the Rear screens Confused
Why can are over seas members order it, but we can't Mad

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - Noki - 15-12-2012 06:52pm

You don't have to order rear entertainment.

I ordered my car in May 2012 and got the rear vents as an option for approx £80 i think it was ill check my order sheet. There is another post on the forums here or ownersclub forums somewhere with part number etc.

EDIT cant find posts ill see if i can get part number from my sheet

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - bpwants2ski - 16-12-2012 10:39pm

(15-12-2012 06:52pm)Noki Wrote:  You don't have to order rear entertainment.

I ordered my car in May 2012 and got the rear vents as an option for approx £80 i think it was ill check my order sheet. There is another post on the forums here or ownersclub forums somewhere with part number etc.

EDIT cant find posts ill see if i can get part number from my sheet

Thanks guys.
In Aus the rear seats just become a greenhouse with out air.

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - mark_n - 17-12-2012 03:12am

The rear of the centre console comes in a slightly boggling 21 variants depending on colour, with/without vents, with/without rear entertainment system, prestige/dynamic etc. For my car, it's LR029211, £85 including VAT. The vents themselves are about £36.

What's not clear is whether the piping to connect to the aircon is installed as standard. It looks like there are at least three ducts which connect to the central distribution box which is located under the centre vents in the dash. How much air makes it back there is anyone's guess.

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - lauwy - 18-12-2012 01:14pm

I ordered my car last year (2011) and was finally delivered in Jan 2012 and at the time the rear vents was not available. Crying Didn't know it's ok now to order seperately to the rear screens.Rolling Eyes

RE: Retro fit rear A/C vents - bpwants2ski - 28-12-2012 12:02pm

(17-12-2012 03:12am)mark_n Wrote:  The rear of the centre console comes in a slightly boggling 21 variants depending on colour, with/without vents, with/without rear entertainment system, prestige/dynamic etc. For my car, it's LR029211, £85 including VAT. The vents themselves are about £36.

What's not clear is whether the piping to connect to the aircon is installed as standard. It looks like there are at least three ducts which connect to the central distribution box which is located under the centre vents in the dash. How much air makes it back there is anyone's guess.

Thanks for that, here in Aus this car is really expensive and having to fork out extra money for standard fitments stings.

Retro fit rear A/C vents - Jai - 28-12-2012 04:39pm

I ordered rear vents but there isn't any on the back of the console? Or are they only under the front seats and blow onto the rear occupants feet?