babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Boot Interior Light Not Working - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Boot Interior Light Not Working (/Thread-Boot-Interior-Light-Not-Working)

Pages: 1 2

Boot Interior Light Not Working - NightFox - 06-12-2012 01:38pm

The interior light in my boot doesn't work and I was just wondering if there was anything quick and easy I could try to fix it before having to waste a day and 40 miles getting it to a dealer?

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - speary - 06-12-2012 01:44pm

(06-12-2012 01:38pm)NightFox Wrote:  The interior light in my boot doesn't work and I was just wondering if there was anything quick and easy I could try to fix it before having to waste a day and 40 miles getting it to a dealer?

Change the bulb

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - Barton Evoque - 06-12-2012 01:45pm

+1 two minute job once you have the correct bulb.

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - cjfp - 06-12-2012 02:42pm

do your other courtesty lights come on when you open the door ???

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - NightFox - 06-12-2012 04:20pm

(06-12-2012 02:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  do your other courtesty lights come on when you open the door ???

Yes, they all come on fine. I had exactly the same fault on my new RRS, that turned out to be a wire that hadn't been connected. I'm not sure how I even get to the bulb, I guess I just pry the fitting out which would also let me check the connections. Sounds like a job for the weekend.

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - cjfp - 06-12-2012 04:30pm

(06-12-2012 04:20pm)NightFox Wrote:  Yes, they all come on fine. I had exactly the same fault on my new RRS, that turned out to be a wire that hadn't been connected. I'm not sure how I even get to the bulb, I guess I just pry the fitting out which would also let me check the connections. Sounds like a job for the weekend.

Boot bulb cover pops off easily.

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - WB - 06-12-2012 10:02pm

Take out the holder check the bulb is in place correctly and the connector is in firmly. Then check the fuse!

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - PhilSkill - 06-12-2012 10:15pm

(06-12-2012 04:20pm)NightFox Wrote:  Yes, they all come on fine. I had exactly the same fault on my new RRS, that turned out to be a wire that hadn't been connected. I'm not sure how I even get to the bulb, I guess I just pry the fitting out which would also let me check the connections. Sounds like a job for the weekend.

[attachment=3109] [attachment=3110]

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - cjfp - 06-12-2012 10:28pm

Nice rug. Why the blurry pic of a water pistol though ? Laughing

RE: Boot Interior Light Not Working - NightFox - 24-12-2012 11:22am

Thanks for all the advice. I finally got round to looking at fixing this and I realized that it was just not working because the interior courtesy lights had been switched off without me realizing (I'm not sure how that happened, I know if you hold your hand by the main light for 3 secs it deactivates them but all the same I'm not sure how that happened accidentally). Anyway, I turned the interior lights back on and now the boot light's working just fine.