babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Activating Trace on Satnav - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Activating Trace on Satnav (/Thread-Activating-Trace-on-Satnav)

Pages: 1 2

Activating Trace on Satnav - NightFox - 06-12-2012 01:11pm

I'd noticed on my Evoque satnav that there didn't seem to be any option to trace your route, where it 'drops' a white dot behind you as you progress leaving a trail of digital breadcrumbs, a feature which I've occasionally found useful on previous cars.

However, I've discovered that if you switch to off-road navigation (just press the Nav button when you're already in Nav mode), there's a 'Trace' button on the screen which turns it on and it remains active if you then switch back to on-road navigation.

Re: Activating Trace on Satnav - Easty - 06-12-2012 05:38pm

My garmin has this and i use it a lot specially when on trails with the bike. You can just hit reverse route. It also gives the option to store the route on the ext card to see where you ended up on your computer.

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - cjfp - 06-12-2012 10:35pm

Now, this might be user error, but my car seems to be missing the off-road Nav. I'm in Nav with map up (no route planned) and push the hard Nav button again and naff-all. What am I missing?

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - Barton Evoque - 07-12-2012 01:44pm

It will then show two option's in black boxes.
On road navigation or Off road navigation.
Must be a feature of the new nav software.

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - Inges - 07-12-2012 07:23pm

Hi,

I'm just curious what version do you guys have on MY13 ? On the home screen hold in the "valet" button for approx 20 seconds and a new screen will pop up with information about software version, etc.

Should look something like this:

[attachment=3114]

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - Inges - 13-12-2012 06:06pm

I was at the dealer today. Getting Permashine on the door that was replaced and at the same time I took a look at a MY13 and what kind of software version that car had:
I'm curious what the difference are compared to MY12. And seems like there ain't no information about the software updates, and according to the dealer this version ain't available for MY12 owners, at least not yet. But it seems strange that this release ain't for MY12 owners.

Anyone out there that can shed some light on this? Smile

/Inge

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - robine73 - 01-03-2013 09:30am

I have notices the 2 buttons appearing on some occassions and not on others, and it seems to be when the car believes it may not be precisely on a road when you initiate the navigation.

Try parking in a large supermarket carpark and then starting the sat nav. You may find it offers the 2 options, when starting on a road may not.

I have yet to work it out definitively.

Robin.

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - Donny Dog - 01-03-2013 11:13am

(06-12-2012 10:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Now, this might be user error, but my car seems to be missing the off-road Nav.

Mine tried to take me off-roading when I didn't want to! In Devon, it wanted me to turn left into a field, apparently believing there was a road there - when I didn't take the advice (for obvious reasons!) it added about six miles to the route, so it had obviously thought that this 'road' was a short-cut.

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - griff - 01-03-2013 12:55pm

I was at Honiton on Tuesday doing a full day in the Evoque - well impressed. LRE had a 62 plate SD4 Auto and the Sat Nav in that had at least two features my MY12 does not - a button for inputting POI from a memory stick. Great for touring holidays.
And also the off-road "breadcrumb" line.
I've pm'd Liam to ask if there is an upgrade as I feel that after only one year it should be included. BMW did!

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav - scrannel - 01-03-2013 02:07pm

If you do not have off-road you may be able to get it with a software upgrade. My 2013 has it and on another thread we were comparing software versions and mine, and others that have it of course have the most recent version.