babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle? (/Thread-iOS-6-insanity-or-RRE-fickle)

iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle? - ADZ - 18-10-2012 03:15pm

Howzit everyone.
I've been reading the iOS 6 and iPhone 5 threads. OK, not all of them but you get my general drift. So then swiftly on to my issue. Dealing with an iPhone 4 running on iOS 6 I was merrily driving along the coast road listening to my tunes via Bluetooth when my phone rang. I pressed the green phone as I usually would only to realise that (1) the phone was not ringing through the speakers as per usual, and (2) the green button was not doing anything. I then had to pull a highly illegal manoeuvre and answer the phone using speakerphone. Upon reaching my destination I rebooted the phone (and the vehicle!) and made a call. Of course, I could not replicate the problem. Being the type of person I am I need to find a reason for the malfunction. Anybody else out there have a similar issue and, if so, how can I prevent this happening in future?
Thanks one and all Very Happy

RE: iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle? - NightFox - 18-10-2012 03:32pm

It sounds like the iPhone's phone hadn't properly paired up with the car's phone. Even though you had the two paired for music, the phone connection is a different 'service' over the Bluetooth connection. I don't think it's either the car or the phone, and certainly nothing to worry about, it's just Bluetooth in general isn't a flawless system.

RE: iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle? - ADZ - 18-10-2012 03:39pm

Hi NightFox. I'm wondering though as the phone functioned absolutely perfectly since I took delivery and subsequent to the upgrade to iOS 6 as well as after I did the reboot. So the answer is totally random I guess. Thank you for your response Smile and may your build date be confirmed real soon!