babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Windscreen Question - Is this normal? (/Thread-Windscreen-Question-Is-this-normal)

Pages: 1 2

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Ryanlm - 05-10-2012 11:56pm

Hi! Just yesterday I bought a brand new Evoque, the Prestige version, and I noticed today that part of the windscreen/windshield seems to be missing some tint. I don't know how else to describe it, but there is a rounded rectangular portion that is just lighter, and I can see very clean edges where it stops and starts. I have attached a photo of it.

[attachment=2869]

It was kind of jarring tonight, although I didn't really notice it this morning. I guess my main question is - is this normal? And if so, why would they do that?

Thanks!
Ryan

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Neo - 06-10-2012 12:20am

Yup it's normal as I have it in mine too. I believe it's for the toll tags which I have used too and it works!

RE: Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Biker - 06-10-2012 02:51am

How big are some toll tags? Looks like the size of a tablet device!

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Neo - 06-10-2012 11:54am

Haha, it's the size of a wallet and fits in the cutout on the windscreen perfectly

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Stadt Panzer - 06-10-2012 12:01pm

Never seen that one mine.

RE: Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - vcanals - 06-10-2012 02:31pm

If you have solar attenuating glass, you will have it, as it is intended for the toll tags, as Neo said. Without this cutout, the toll tags would not work.

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Neo - 07-10-2012 03:04am

I don't recall ordering the solar attenuating glass as an option so maybe it's standard for the Oz market?

Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Jai - 07-10-2012 08:39am

Could be neo... I can't recall an evoque that I've seen without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - Bowl - 07-10-2012 06:18pm

I have the cut-outs but not as big... They're just about as large as the dotted areas (on both sides)

RE: Windscreen Question - Is this normal? - vcanals - 08-10-2012 05:23am

I think it´s standard for Australian cars. I don´t remember where I´ve seen it but I´m pretty sure somebody posted it was standard equipment.