babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory (/Thread-Galway-Green-Spirit-Tan-Ivory)

Pages: 1 2 3

Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - captaincrash - 31-07-2011 08:07pm

Looking at the Prestige SD4 Auto in Galway green, anyone got any idea why the build tool won't let me have the Spirit Tan/Ivory interior??

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - Charlie - 31-07-2011 08:20pm

(31-07-2011 08:07pm)captaincrash Wrote:  Looking at the Prestige SD4 Auto in Galway green, anyone got any idea why the build tool won't let me have the Spirit Tan/Ivory interior??

Because it would look revolting? Laughing

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - captaincrash - 31-07-2011 08:23pm

Anyone else want to get it out of the way? ;-s

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - captaincrash - 31-07-2011 08:23pm

Anyone else want to get it out of the way? ;-s

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - Charlie - 31-07-2011 08:26pm

and for that reason I'm out.

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - cjfp - 31-07-2011 08:26pm

(31-07-2011 08:23pm)captaincrash Wrote:  Anyone else want to get it out of the way? ;-s

Please don't encourage Charlie else she'll keep going on the sarcasm ! Rolling Eyes

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - berlin2011 - 31-07-2011 08:32pm

(31-07-2011 08:07pm)captaincrash Wrote:  Looking at the Prestige SD4 Auto in Galway green, anyone got any idea why the build tool won't let me have the Spirit Tan/Ivory interior??

Because it would look revolting Shocked and after consulting the Dealer Ordering guide, when going Prestige both Tan/Ivory as well as Cherry/Ivory are listed as "Combination not available" - they will only ever let you spec Vibe (Ebony), Element (Cirrus/Lunar) and Ambiance (Ivory/Espresso) and of those three the only one marked R (Recommended) is the Vibe.

If you are going Dynamic, you can have any of the four options although none marked R, they are all simply indicated as Combination available.

In case anyone else is curious about their combinations, I've attached the colour and trim pages for the Prestige and Dynamic here. It tells you whether a paint and interior combo is available and whether it is a Designers Choice, Recommended or simply just an option.

[attachment=136]

Oh yes, this may not be the same all around the world... this being an extract from the South African version of the ordering guide. I would imagine it being quite similar to the UK stance on these things though since I've picked up other similarities to the UK spec (20" on Dynamic as standard) and we also drive on the wrong side of the road.

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - mark_n - 31-07-2011 11:08pm

So what's the difference between "Designer's Choice" and "Recommended"?

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - SW6RR - 01-08-2011 09:36am

I would think that "Designer's Choice" = their opinion of the perfect combination(s), "Recommended" = looks good, "Option" = looks OK but perhaps not well suited together and "-" = you'd have to be mad to have this combo, so we're not letting you.

RE: Galway Green + Spirit Tan/Ivory - mark_n - 01-08-2011 03:00pm

Interesting that Galway Green and Buckingham Blue in the Coupe don't have any Designer's Choice or Recommended.