babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. (/Thread-Neck-sore-without-the-Headrest-tilt)

Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - jitenc - 30-09-2012 08:28am

I have search the threads and it seems that no one has a problem with the headrest tilt.
I am one of those with awkward built and find it uncomfortable with the forward set position of the tilt of the headrest with the rest of the seat.

Is there an after market head rest that I can buy with adjustable tilt or can I modify mine?
Is the angle of the headrest tilt a safety feature or was it designed by a JLR Kazimoto for the hunchbacks? Sad

Hence, this is one of the reasons that I did not go for the Dynamic Plus seats....

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - smayo - 30-09-2012 09:18am

(30-09-2012 08:28am)jitenc Wrote:  I have search the threads and it seems that no one has a problem with the headrest tilt.

Not very well Embarrassed

Found this straight away http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Head-Rest-positioning?highlight=%22head+rest%22

Not had a problem myself, but have noticed it if I rest my head. Thing is you are not supposed to be driving with you head actually resting on the head rest. It's there to stop whiplash injuries.
Is your seat back tlited too upright?

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - XFullFatTim - 30-09-2012 09:22am

Note, it is called a head RESTRAINT, not a head REST - as SMayo states you aren't supposed to rest your head on it, that will induce sleep!

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - jitenc - 30-09-2012 09:38am

Apparently, it's now mandatory on all vehicles require head restraints to be no more than 2.2 inches from the back of a front-seat occupant’s head.
I like sitting with the back upright, but the head restraint makes me lean forward...
The only option I have is not to lean back into the seat, so not much use for the head restraint if I was involved in a rear collision.....

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - Jonathon555 - 30-09-2012 09:16pm

I have driven for 5 hours solid without this neck problem

However an adjustable armrest wouls be great

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - Bodlyfunctions - 30-09-2012 09:29pm

7.5 hour drive to Inverness last week and I was very comfortable all the way.
Everyone is a different size and build, so it may effect others differently

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - PhilSkill - 30-09-2012 09:29pm

Drove all day back from Holland, No head restraint problems and an arm rest would get in the way, the console acts nicely for that.

RE: Neck sore without the Headrest tilt.. - speary - 01-10-2012 08:47am

How can anybody possibly need an armrest while driving with their hands in the correct 10 to 2 or quarter to 3 position and both hands on the wheel Tongue Out