babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Contrast roof - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Contrast roof (/Thread-Contrast-roof--5580)

Pages: 1 2

Contrast roof - Neo - 26-09-2012 08:39am

Hi all, I'm planning to paint the roof
of my dynamic fuji in high gloss black. Appreciate if anyone with a contrast roof post some close up photos of their contrast roof with the doors open please? I would like to know where the colored paint ends on the inside of the doors, thanks in advance!

Contrast roof - Jai - 26-09-2012 02:12pm

Go past your dealer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contrast roof - Neo - 26-09-2012 10:54pm

Yup tried that and they don't have any cars with contrast roofs.

Contrast roof - Jai - 27-09-2012 02:41am

I'll have mine in 2 weeks

RE: Contrast roof - invoke - 27-09-2012 03:14am

Have it wrapped. It's safe and cost effective. (You can do it yourself). Plus you can undo it anytime or may be change color to something else.

If you get it painted, the paint may chip and you will easily see white spots. I had this problem in my other car where the hood was painted black on red and had later red spots everywhere it was chipped and scratched. Repeated washing and polishing also thinned the outer paint from some spots. The original paints are heat treated and more hard and durable.

Contrast roof - Neo - 27-09-2012 03:55am

Thanks. I was thinking of getting it wrapped but because I'm using the Thule racks, they were not recommended to be used on wrapped surfaces as it can rip the vinyl.

RE: Contrast roof - PhilSkill - 27-09-2012 07:59am

If it will rip the Wrap, surely it may damage the paint too? And At least you can replace the Wrap and it'll protect the paint underneath?

Contrast roof - Neo - 27-09-2012 11:28am

The wrap is only vinyl so it's only fabric and would rip is there is movement with the roof bars

RE: Contrast roof - invoke - 27-09-2012 02:37pm

I assume you are using roof bars without roof rails? With roof rails, I don't think you can damage any paint or vinyl surface.

you might be referring to this type of installation...

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/orsracksdirect_2228_19813841

This not safe either for paints, unless you put thin layer of rubber padding. Otherwise If loose may case more damage at higher speed/winds.

may be someone more savey can help you. Thx

RE: Contrast roof - jds12 - 27-09-2012 06:09pm

Few quick images of my Dynamic in fuji white and black roof.

[attachment=2780]

[attachment=2779]

[attachment=2778]