babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
removing seat backs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: removing seat backs (/Thread-removing-seat-backs)

Pages: 1 2

removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 21-09-2012 10:23am

Has anyone removed the plastic seat back off the front seats.need to get wires down the backs for dvd headrests.tried poking a wire down the post holes but it not coming though the bottom as its to tight.don't want to brake clips on the plastic backs. is there a knack of remiving them.?

RE: removing seat backs - WB - 21-09-2012 11:38am

Looks like there are 4 torx screws holding the seat back on from the diagram. I'm not sure where they are though... hope this helps

RE: removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 21-09-2012 11:43am

Sent a pm to Pete at bells hope he can help.

RE: removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 22-09-2012 06:20am

No replies from Pete any idea how to get these plastic seat backs off.would like to do these today.Smile

RE: removing seat backs - mark_n - 22-09-2012 06:41am

Looking at the picture, I think there will be torx screws as WB says and you then push the seat back down.

RE: removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 22-09-2012 08:51am

Just can't see where the Tory screw are though to take them out.will have another look later off for by first real drive in the car Smile

RE: removing seat backs - doug - 22-09-2012 08:32pm

Had a look a the back of my seats today. Looks like the screws are behind the net trim.
I didn't want to remove all of the trim as the clips where very tight & looked like they would have broke off.
But this "U" shaped trim holding the net in place should be your answer.

RE: removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 22-09-2012 09:19pm

Thanks you doug will check that out tomorrow.Smile

RE: removing seat backs - enigma - 22-09-2012 10:59pm

(21-09-2012 10:23am)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Has anyone removed the plastic seat back off the front seats.need to get wires down the backs for dvd headrests.tried poking a wire down the post holes but it not coming though the bottom as its to tight.don't want to brake clips on the plastic backs. is there a knack of remiving them.?

Hi,
What headrests are you fitting please?

RE: removing seat backs - Barton Evoque - 23-09-2012 06:31am

They are ones I removed from my old jaguar x-type about 5 years ago.just happens they are the perfect match leather wise otherwise I would use iPads on mounts. Just need to get one wire down the post holes to install and it job done.
I do know the Rosen av7900 are made for the Evoque.