babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Driving the Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Driving the Evoque (/Thread-Driving-the-Evoque)

Driving the Evoque - Crabacle - 31-08-2012 11:41pm

Went on the experience day today and picked up some great tips:

1) drive it with hill descent option on all of the time - uses no more fuel and is a great safety feature;

2) when not doodling along - effectively knock it into manual mode and use the paddles - no lag on overtaking - but after 10 seconds with no change it resorts back to full automatic.

3) when in any doubt at all, knock it into Sport mode - that way the automatic override kick in doesn't happen unless you tell it to - lets you use the paddles properly to control the gears.

4) use the engine rather than the brakes - the car is better at stopping and being safe that you are - don't be afraid to use the different settings.

Feel free to add your own findings - its a great car when driven properly!

Loved it before - love it more now!

Driving the Evoque - Jai - 01-09-2012 02:59am

Use the engine to brake instead of the brakes?? You do realise they use the brakes in all the safety systems not the engine right? "Use your $10,000 engine instead of $1000 brakes". I know what I'd rather be wearing out !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Driving the Evoque - doug - 01-09-2012 12:35pm

I take it you mean gears to help in slowing down, but brakes to stop.

RE: Driving the Evoque - Crabacle - 01-09-2012 12:50pm

(01-09-2012 12:35pm)doug Wrote:  I take it you mean gears to help in slowing down, but brakes to stop.

Exactly. But with the hill descent in many instances leave off the brakes completely - the car will do it all for you.

Regarding the previous post - thats what he car is built for - go on the off road day and find out.