babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2013 MY Deletions. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2013 MY Deletions. (/Thread-2013-MY-Deletions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - Barton Evoque - 30-08-2012 09:47pm

Have a good day m8 hope you see yours and mine on the production line.

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - WB - 31-08-2012 09:16am

(30-08-2012 09:44pm)rhysadams Wrote:  I'm doing the Halewood tour tomorrow so I'll have a look and report back!

You might want to let them know the confirgurator needs some badges installed too Wink

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - chiggy - 31-08-2012 09:48am

(30-08-2012 09:31pm)Evo-king Wrote:  OK, I've just been on the RRE configurator, when you select a model, I've looked at both Coupe & 5dr in all three specs, if you then rotate the exterior image the tailgate doesn't show RANGE ROVER lettering.

This is where the original question originates.

A factory employee has confirmed MY2013 cars are coming off of the line with the lettering fitted and James has also supported this statement.

So either my design or by poor admin processes the LR company, webdesign team and LRCS have misled us.

A small issue in many respects, but confusing for customers.

I don't think a website is supposed to define which lettering will and won't appear. its more just to get an idea of the look of the car and to help with colours and interior options and just to let you know what's on the car.

And given that "Range Rover" has been on every Range Rover since the brand was introduced (correct me if I'm wrong), I highly doubt they would just remove it for fun. It would just be a pointless exercise.

It was always going to be a ridiculous assumption to say that the lettering would be taken off the car. It amuses me even more to think someone bought the letters off eBay just in case the car didn't come with it.

Also, isn't there a disclaimer that says "something something this configurator is not a true reflection of the actual car" etc etc etc?

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - WB - 31-08-2012 10:02am

(31-08-2012 09:48am)chiggy Wrote:  I don't think a website is supposed to define which lettering will and won't appear. its more just to get an idea of the look of the car and to help with colours and interior options and just to let you know what's on the car.

And given that "Range Rover" has been on every Range Rover since the brand was introduced (correct me if I'm wrong), I highly doubt they would just remove it for fun. It would just be a pointless exercise.

It was always going to be a ridiculous assumption to say that the lettering would be taken off the car. It amuses me even more to think someone bought the letters off eBay just in case the car didn't come with it.

Also, isn't there a disclaimer that says "something something this configurator is not a true reflection of the actual car" etc etc etc?

The configurator on its own yes. It wasn't an assumption though as LR Customer Services confirmed that the RR lettering had been removed for MY13!?! They should be all over this apologising and correcting their statement.

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - invoke - 31-08-2012 12:02pm

Aparently I paid to get them removed. Looks so ugly range rover written all across like a banner. Perhaps I'm not use to it, my other former brands were known by their symbol (merc and BMW), even in Porsche its an option and in only body color. Certainly the prestiges are not spelled out loud ! ..

Wink

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - WB - 31-08-2012 12:21pm

(31-08-2012 12:02pm)invoke Wrote:  Aparently I paid to get them removed. Looks so ugly range rover written all across like a banner. Perhaps I'm not use to it, my other former brands were known by their symbol (merc and BMW), even in Porsche its an option and in only body color. Certainly the prestiges are not spelled out loud ! ..

Wink

Really? Have you seen the back of the 991 - it's not a brand it's a paragraph! I guess you don't count Mclaren and Ferrari as "prestiges" too...

[attachment=2638]

Perhaps you should just sell your Evoque as you don't seem to like it much.

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - rhysadams - 31-08-2012 07:14pm

Been to Halewood! Range Rover is on the back of all of the Evoques I have seen! I will do a post shortly, just walked in!

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - WB - 31-08-2012 09:36pm

(31-08-2012 07:14pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Been to Halewood! Range Rover is on the back of all of the Evoques I have seen! I will do a post shortly, just walked in!

Awesome - thanks.

How did the LR badge look on the grills?

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - rhysadams - 31-08-2012 11:28pm

I didn't like the pics, but looks good on the grill! I'd be happy with it!

RE: 2013 MY Deletions. - The Valeter - 01-09-2012 01:27am

I saw a 13MY Prestige tonight on a dealer forecourt in Ashford - it had the Landrover emblem on front grill & Rangerover on rear.