babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Dynamic Perforated leather durability (/Thread-Dynamic-Perforated-leather-durability)

Pages: 1 2

Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Neo - 29-08-2012 12:08pm

Hi,

I saw in my friend's evoque after 4 months of ownership, the perforated leather of the driver's seat was wearing out. ie the leather was getting fibrous.

Since I drive to work everyday, I'm a bit concerned the perforated leather is not that durable so I am thinking of investing in a car seat cover. However, it will spoil the look of the interior.

I do have the GTechniq leather protection - not sure if it will help.

Has anyone experienced something similar with the Dynamic perforated leather?

Thanks,
Neo

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Evo-king - 29-08-2012 07:20pm

This is common on the Dynamic seats and has been discussed on here before, apparently it is not the leather deteriorating but some sort of material inside the seat.

So for now, I for one am not worried about it. GTechniq treatment applied to mine a couple of days after delivery.

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - PhilSkill - 29-08-2012 07:28pm

Yes the little white fibers were present on both my front seats (probably in back too but not looked!), but has stopped on the driver seat, still a little appears on the passengers, so I think it's just the trimmings from the perforations, and not a problem.

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - WB - 29-08-2012 09:15pm

Bit disappointing that in a £40k plus car they can't put something in to prevent that.

Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Neo - 29-08-2012 10:33pm

I think it wasn't the fibers in the seat that was coming through the holes of the perforated leather but the leather itself due to too much rubbing against it from getting in and out of the car? Maybe he wasnt careful when entering and exiting the car as you should lift yourself out if the seat rather than slide of it?

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Ranger4 - 30-08-2012 07:52pm

Haven't yet experienced this with my perforated leather seats, but then again my car's only 6 months old....

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - jrinns - 16-09-2012 07:27pm

I had this but put it down to the vacuum pulling them through. They seemed to drop of eventually

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - The Valeter - 16-09-2012 09:45pm

(29-08-2012 12:08pm)Neo Wrote:  Hi,

I do have the GTechniq leather protection - not sure if it will help.

Has anyone experienced something similar with the Dynamic perforated leather?

Thanks,
Neo

I can't see that making any difference as that is really a protector against dirt etc. Wear is wear and unless the seat has a physical layer of something over it it will wear eventually.

Dynamic Perforated leather durability - Neo - 17-09-2012 04:55am

LR has the water proof cover for our seats but it ruins the look of the leather seats

RE: Dynamic Perforated leather durability - PhilSkill - 17-09-2012 08:43pm

My passenger seat in standard dynamic trim, Drivers seat did this initially but has long since stopped. No sign of wear yet after 8000 miles either, only treatment has been Meguires Gold Class Leather

[attachment=2743]