babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
RRE SERVICE - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: RRE SERVICE (/Thread-RRE-SERVICE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RRE SERVICE - RonnieNavani - 25-08-2012 08:32am

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had their car serviced yet?

my evoque has done 13,000kms and just wondering if it needs a service/ OIL change since its a Diesel car, or will the car let me know when its due for a service, just like my BMW does?

Reason I ask is, when i had the car delivered (which came on a truck with no number plates) someone had a sticker on it saying next service 12,000kms..

can some one please clarify my doubts and also please tell me that the car has a warning system that tells you when it needs a service.. you would think when you pay over $100k for a car, it would have that as a standard feature.

Cheers,

RRE SERVICE - Jai - 25-08-2012 09:15am

It's 26,000km or 12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: RRE SERVICE - Millotte - 25-08-2012 09:27am

Don't know if I'd be leaving a new engine do 26000 klms without an oil change, not in a car you plan to keep anyway! I just had mine serviced/ oil changed at 6500 klms (6 months old).

RE: RRE SERVICE - Barneyridge - 25-08-2012 10:31pm

First service is 26k, but my dealer recommend an interim first service at 13k. The interim is an oil change. I was going to take mine in for an oil change as there has been a bit of oil use and you can not buy any oil off the shelf to top up.

I am happy to do the 13k service (I have just over 12k already so service will be booked over the next couple of weeks) and then I will get a service done once a year there after

RE: RRE SERVICE - The Valeter - 25-08-2012 11:06pm

(25-08-2012 10:31pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  First service is 26k, but my dealer recommend an interim first service at 13k. The interim is an oil change. I was going to take mine in for an oil change as there has been a bit of oil use and you can not buy any oil off the shelf to top up.

Why is that?

RE: RRE SERVICE - Barneyridge - 26-08-2012 01:16am

(25-08-2012 11:06pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Why is that?

In Australia we can not get an off the shelf oil that matched the specs required. The castrol recommended oil is only sold in bulk to dealers. Therefore we can only get oil off the dealers, at $30 aud + a litre.

RE: RRE SERVICE - benzina - 26-08-2012 02:07am

I took my car in for a 6 month oil change and general check-up. I felt being a new car, the first oil change at 6 months rather then waiting 12 months would be better.

RE: RRE SERVICE - Barneyridge - 26-08-2012 09:30am

How many km's have you done Benzina, I thought the same about a 6 month service

RE: RRE SERVICE - benzina - 26-08-2012 10:29am

Hey there Barney, i've done around 9500kms. I find myself always taking the long way home,and just cruizing around for no reason at all, other then the absolute joy of driving such a comfortable,great feeling driving machine,and i always look for a reflection of this amazing rolling sculpture in shop windows aswell. Yeah, i say pamper it with new oil if you can get around to it. Smile

RE: RRE SERVICE - mnd - 27-08-2012 07:07am

Yep, i was told 6 months or 13k for the first service.

btw, did they do any ECU or other software upgrades when it went in for service??

(26-08-2012 10:29am)benzina Wrote:  Hey there Barney, i've done around 9500kms. I find myself always taking the long way home,and just cruizing around for no reason at all, other then the absolute joy of driving such a comfortable,great feeling driving machine,and i always look for a reflection of this amazing rolling sculpture in shop windows aswell. Yeah, i say pamper it with new oil if you can get around to it. Smile