babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
1-touch window close - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: 1-touch window close (/Thread-1-touch-window-close)

Pages: 1 2 3

1-touch window close - ADZ - 21-08-2012 04:22pm

Hello everyone.
On a day like yesterday when everything was going wrong I despaired at great length about nothing in particular. Because I can. And I find it fun. In a strange way.
Today my dealer gave me an excellent tip - which even I in my unskilled wonder - was able to replicate.
When the 1-touch window close (and I'm guessing open as well) doesn't work, simply hold down the button uninterrupted in whichever direction is required until the window is shut completely. Keep holding the button up even after the window has closed and for 10 seconds (or thereabouts) thereafter. You will hear a series of clicks as the system recalibrates itself. Worked like a charm! Very Happy

RE: 1-touch window close - RacingSnake - 21-08-2012 04:49pm

great tip.... though I didn't realise it could be disabled! (or there were cars without it).

RE: 1-touch window close - ADZ - 21-08-2012 05:21pm

I know right? I had issues with my steering column volume control and the LR guys had to do all sorts of excavation work. Methinks they fiddled when they should have fondled or something like that. Smile

RE: 1-touch window close - Bowl - 23-08-2012 10:23pm

Everytime the battery is disconnected, the windows need to be calibrated with the aforementioned method.

RE: 1-touch window close - ADZ - 24-08-2012 02:23pm

Thanks Bowl Smile

RE: 1-touch window close - invoke - 25-08-2012 02:45am

Any tip on one touch close with key FOB?

RE: 1-touch window close - ADZ - 25-08-2012 08:51am

As far as I can remember (and also from previous cars) all you need to do is hold down the open or close button on the key fob for global opening and closing of windows. I am open to correction however.

1-touch window close - Neo - 25-08-2012 08:54am

Ive tried that procedure but doesn't seem to work

RE: 1-touch window close - doug - 25-08-2012 09:28am

Remote window closing isn't something that LR do. My D3 never had it. But with air-con, do we ever use the windows these days Smile

RE: 1-touch window close - cjfp - 25-08-2012 09:40am

Doug - my windows open and close from the remote !?