babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
PETROL EVOQUE - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: PETROL EVOQUE (/Thread-PETROL-EVOQUE)

Pages: 1 2

PETROL EVOQUE - Robbo - 26-07-2011 10:39pm

Interesting Autocar article. and oh dear those 19" wheels again, Autocar thinks they are the best choice.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-2.0-Si4-240-Dynamic-4WD/258364/

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - mark_n - 27-07-2011 01:15am

(26-07-2011 10:39pm)Robbo Wrote:  Interesting Autocar article. and oh dear those 19" wheels again, Autocar thinks they are the best choice.

Are they saying that? It looks instead like they've been given a car with a mix of options which is not available to buy - the petrol engine is only available on the dynamic, the 19" wheels are an option but standard dampers are not available.

I'm not sure 20" wheels with standard dampers are going to be great, the one-size-fits-all of the standard dampers may not work across the range of what the car is expected to deal with. I certainly hope the combination of 20" wheels and adaptive dampers will give the best ride possible for that size of wheel.

Might be they are still fiddling with the petrol/20"/adaptive tuning - certainly sounds like there is work to do on the gearbox software to improve the rev matching.

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - Robbo - 27-07-2011 05:49am

(27-07-2011 01:15am)mark_n Wrote:  
(26-07-2011 10:39pm)Robbo Wrote:  Interesting Autocar article. and oh dear those 19" wheels again, Autocar thinks they are the best choice.

Are they saying that? It looks instead like they've been given a car with a mix of options which is not available to buy - the petrol engine is only available on the dynamic, the 19" wheels are an option but standard dampers are not available.

I'm not sure 20" wheels with standard dampers are going to be great, the one-size-fits-all of the standard dampers may not work across the range of what the car is expected to deal with. I certainly hope the combination of 20" wheels and adaptive dampers will give the best ride possible for that size of wheel.

Might be they are still fiddling with the petrol/20"/adaptive tuning - certainly sounds like there is work to do on the gearbox software to improve the rev matching.

I am afraid that early adopters of the Evoque will become unwilling guinea pigs in turning a very good car into a probably great car. the car as it stands in terms of software and suspension/ wheel options will be very different in a years time. I purchased a VW Tiguan S line some while ago seduced by lovely big wheels unfortunately the wheel suspension combination did not work and I ended up getting an internal organ bashing every time I drove it. Long after the shine of a new car wears off we have to live with the choices, lets hope they are the correct ones.

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - mark_n - 27-07-2011 08:27am

I certainly agree with you; my hope is that the magnaride dampers will be controlled by software which in theory should be upgradeable.

I've had one or two upgrades in the past on other cars which have improved their performance, most noticeably Mercedes with the brake-by-wire system (SBC) which was initially a disaster and then became just about "OK".

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - doug - 27-07-2011 02:47pm

How many of you would have gone for the Petrol engine, if it was a option across the full range of models ?

I for one would have ordered it on my Pure. For the 0-60 in 7sec (8sec in Diesel Auto).

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - berlin2011 - 27-07-2011 02:59pm

(27-07-2011 02:47pm)doug Wrote:  How many of you would have gone for the Petrol engine, if it was a option across the full range of models ?

I for one would have ordered it on my Pure. For the 0-60 in 7sec (8sec in Diesel Auto).

Strange decision from LR to not make Petrol an option on all cars. In South Africa we only get Prestige and Dynamic but can have either of them with Petrol (Hence my Prestige Si4 order)

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - SW6RR - 27-07-2011 03:02pm

I would have had a Prestige Si4 if it was offered here - just about.! The fuel economy vs. performance contest would have just been won by performance for me.

I think it's weird that LR haven't made petrol available for Prestige. Oh well, never mind.

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - cjfp - 27-07-2011 03:03pm

(27-07-2011 03:02pm)SW6RR Wrote:  I think it's weird that LR haven't made petrol available for Prestige. Oh well, never mind.

That's today ! - who knows what will be on the website as available tomorrow !!

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - pimbrokken - 29-07-2011 12:36am

Well, I have have ordered the Prestige with Petrol in Holland. I cannot think of any reason why it is on sale in Holland and not in UK.... very strange

RE: PETROL EVOQUE - vision*R - 29-07-2011 08:25am

I cannot think of any reasons why outside of the UK you only get half of the standard equipment on a Prestige. And yet it is like that!