babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Service Plan Costs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Service Plan Costs (/Thread-Service-Plan-Costs)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Service Plan Costs - Chunk - 17-08-2012 10:12pm

Philskill/WB my service plan is £904 for the 1st 3 services. Based on the fact that 1st and 3rd services are the same minor service which costs at least £310 in todays prices then that's only £284 left to cover the 2nd more major service. (this service will be at least £450+) Even if I wasn't a financial adviser that still makes sense to me as I will be up in the long run.

I'm happy all round but pentland did give me 20% off the plan so seems a better deal than you were offered.

RE: Service Plan Costs - cjfp - 17-08-2012 10:12pm

Always try to supply your own oil to save a few quid too.

Oh, and tell them to stuff the washer fluid too - that's another £2 saved!

RE: Service Plan Costs - PhilSkill - 17-08-2012 11:18pm

(17-08-2012 10:12pm)Chunk Wrote:  Philskill/WB my service plan is £904 for the 1st 3 services. Based on the fact that 1st and 3rd services are the same minor service which costs at least £310 in todays prices then that's only £284 left to cover the 2nd more major service. (this service will be at least £450+) Even if I wasn't a financial adviser that still makes sense to me as I will be up in the long run.

I'm happy all round but pentland did give me 20% off the plan so seems a better deal than you were offered.

Sounds a good deal chunk, although generally services seem cheaper up your way than down here.

Interesting cjfp, I think Tim said he did that too, never gave thought dealers would do that. I'll probably pay the markup for the first service just to have peace of mind on warranty, but once out of warranty it'll be the way to go.

RE: Service Plan Costs - cjfp - 17-08-2012 11:29pm

(17-08-2012 11:18pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Interesting cjfp, I think Tim said he did that too, never gave thought dealers would do that. I'll probably pay the markup for the first service just to have peace of mind on warranty, but once out of warranty it'll be the way to go.

I can confirm that asking the dealer not to put washer fluid in does not affect the warranty! ( Laughing )

RE: Service Plan Costs - vinda - 18-08-2012 12:41am

(17-08-2012 10:12pm)cjfp Wrote:  Always try to supply your own oil to save a few quid too.

Oh, and tell them to stuff the washer fluid too - that's another £2 saved!

I heard a rumour that oil grade used differed from each dealer and some were using te wrong stuff. Which is the correct grade
And how much can I save for providing my own oil

RE: Service Plan Costs - richardk - 18-08-2012 07:37am

£234 + vat, from a LR approved service centre. Even phoned LR to check for updates prior to giving me the quote.

RE: Service Plan Costs - cjfp - 18-08-2012 08:09am

(18-08-2012 12:41am)vinda Wrote:  I heard a rumour that oil grade used differed from each dealer and some were using te wrong stuff. Which is the correct grade
And how much can I save for providing my own oil

See this thread - http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Top-Up-Oil?page=6 (my post near bottom of page)

Based on the price my dealer gave (£16.68 per l) and what I bought the same oil for (equiv £8.46 per l) that's quite a saving.

RE: Service Plan Costs - vinda - 18-08-2012 10:02am

Just took a look. Thanks. I'll call the dealer on Monday to see what they use and ask if I can provide my own.

RE: Service Plan Costs - cjfp - 18-08-2012 04:17pm

Don't ask them if you can provide your own, tell them you are.

RE: Service Plan Costs - vinda - 18-08-2012 04:29pm

Oh. Ok. Will do. Do they tend to be tricky about it. Do I ask them the amount off for the oil.