babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Temperature dependent start stop - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Temperature dependent start stop (/Thread-Temperature-dependent-start-stop)

Temperature dependent start stop - daveo - 27-07-2012 09:53am

Anyone else noticed the Eco mode start/stop is ambient temperature dependent. Seems at 29deg C it leaves the engine running but 27 deg it will let it stop. Maybe I sit in too much traffic with nothing else on my mind Wink

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - PhilSkill - 27-07-2012 03:23pm

Yes there is quite a long thread on the Start/stop conditions, we've never come up with the concrete conditions it uses, but temperature is one of them, Did you have your Air-Con on as that is another condition, the delta in temperature inside to outside. I've noticed it stopping less with Air-con on, and even restarting before I put the clutch in.

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - jettie1767 - 29-07-2012 12:43am

Is auto start/stop only on Euro-spec cars? I don't have that on the dynamic I got a few days ago.

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - Kentboy - 29-07-2012 07:59am

(29-07-2012 12:43am)jettie1767 Wrote:  Is auto start/stop only on Euro-spec cars? I don't have that on the dynamic I got a few days ago.

I believe it is only on the manual versions, don't understand why though as it must lend itself to auto more. I know the Porsche and BMW Auto has it!

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - BFGEvoqueMan - 29-07-2012 08:03am

Don't forget the car will restrart under a number oif parameters. I bet you sat in town with your foot on the brake constantly when stationary (my wife is German and I know this is how you are taught to drive in Germany). All the time you do this the engine is producionmg a vacuum for the brake servo, when this vacuum is low then it needs to restart. Try foot off the brake or applying the handbrake and see if the engine stays of longer (bet it will).

The working condtions for the stop start are listed in the handbook.

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - jettie1767 - 29-07-2012 04:48pm

Glad I don't have it! I find that feature very annoying. I do find that it keeps the engine running (in my M6 and X3) when it's very hot outside and that is because it tries to maintain the AC temp set in the car. Also doesn't do the auto stop/start when the engine is cold.

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - daveo - 31-07-2012 11:58am

Ah, that was going to be my next question. It starts itself in avery short time sometimes.

Yes I tend to put my foot on the brake but I was taught to drive in England so nothing to do with how to drive properly according to German rules. Also I think if the AV system is running this also uses a hell of a lot of power.

(29-07-2012 08:03am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Don't forget the car will restrart under a number oif parameters. I bet you sat in town with your foot on the brake constantly when stationary (my wife is German and I know this is how you are taught to drive in Germany). All the time you do this the engine is producionmg a vacuum for the brake servo, when this vacuum is low then it needs to restart. Try foot off the brake or applying the handbrake and see if the engine stays of longer (bet it will).

The working condtions for the stop start are listed in the handbook.

RE: Temperature dependent start stop - BFGEvoqueMan - 31-07-2012 05:41pm

(31-07-2012 11:58am)daveo Wrote:  Ah, that was going to be my next question. It starts itself in avery short time sometimes.

Yes I tend to put my foot on the brake but I was taught to drive in England so nothing to do with how to drive properly according to German rules.

Fair enough then; no offence implied and hopefully none takenVery Happy