babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
USB stick function question. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: USB stick function question. (/Thread-USB-stick-function-question)

USB stick function question. - Evo-king - 20-07-2012 07:53pm

I think I know the answer but I'll pose the question anyhow.

When my ipod is connected I can ask for shuffle play and it will shuffle play all tracks in the library.

With the USB stick in and selected, if I opt for shuffle, it only does this within the folder selected, i.e. a single album. Is this the only option or will it shuffle all folders?

RE: USB stick function question. - DiscoDad - 20-07-2012 08:31pm

No, you can shuffle the folder or shuffle all.

RE: USB stick function question. - cjfp - 20-07-2012 09:42pm

... Just click shuffle twice

RE: USB stick function question. - PhilSkill - 20-07-2012 10:29pm

I'm not a shuffle sort of a guy Very Happy but you learn something everyday!

RE: USB stick function question. - Evo-king - 21-07-2012 03:04pm

Thanks for that, I also took time out to read the owners manual which says the same.

It works perfectly, time for the soft shoe shuffle now.LaughingLaughing

RE: USB stick function question. - PhilSkill - 22-07-2012 12:30am

Spent a lot of time in Evo today and noticed a few volume changes when going album to next album, surely shuffle across albums will really show volume changes? Maybe I need to re-record some CDs with volume levelling?

RE: USB stick function question. - Evo-king - 22-07-2012 09:30am

The same happens when using my ipod, I've contemplated rerecording the albums/tracks into my library, but then I'd have to get all of the CDs back out of storage.

I didn't think you would get this issue with CD's, but I know some of these were definitely CDs, I do have some poorer quality recordings where I converted vinyl to mp3.

RE: USB stick function question. - Sensorian - 22-07-2012 05:09pm

The volume level issue is not so much to do with the source of the recording and is more to do with how music is produced now rather than in the past. The current vogue in music production is to fill the spectrum of sound by pushing all the levels up. Its like an audio arms race! Drives me mad. Lots of artists are being remastered and in many cases the originals sound better.

So the problem comes when you listen to different artists or albums and you are hearing the difference in how the CD or worse MP3 was mastered.

The problem can be solved by effectively remastering using software to smooth the levels as PhilSkill suggests but it can be a time consuming process....