babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK (/Thread-Why-does-the-rear-air-vents-have-to-come-with-the-rear-seat-entertainment-option-UK)

Pages: 1 2

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Stadt Panzer - 28-08-2012 09:34am

I do not have RSE but I do have the rear vents! The rear vents were an option on mine.

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - BFGEvoqueMan - 28-08-2012 02:32pm

(28-08-2012 09:34am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  I do not have RSE but I do have the rear vents! The rear vents were an option on mine.

You can have them as a stnad alone option on LHD cars (certainly in Europe) but not UK spec RHD ones - I tried to order for mine and it was rejected by VISTA.

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - cjfp - 28-08-2012 06:04pm

+1 - but as they only appear to blow cold air from outside I'm glad I didn't end up with them !!

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Stadt Panzer - 28-08-2012 10:44pm

I got them for that very reason. In the winter the car will warm up fine but in the summer my son liked having cold air in the back. Can get rather stuffy back there!

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - cjfp - 28-08-2012 10:46pm

Yes, but then you have the AC on cold and blowing into the rear via the vents under the seats - no?

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Stadt Panzer - 28-08-2012 10:48pm

They don't have the same effect under the seats. We had rear vents in our D3 & D4 and the kids loved them.

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - cjfp - 28-08-2012 10:49pm

I'll take your word for it - unfortunately I can't test your theory as we seem to have bypassed summer over here this year! Laughing

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Stadt Panzer - 28-08-2012 10:51pm

Smile Smile

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - Samson - 01-09-2012 10:09pm

Whilst I "might" understand why LHD Evoques have the rear vents and the UK RHD do not, does not quite add when you consider that Evoques for our friends down under have the option of rear air vents... they also get the option of roof rails, whereas we have order from dealers as an accessory. Then again they don't have the benefit of the Lux pack! Smile

Overall very confused by all these, in my view, unnecessary differences.

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK - spif888 - 02-09-2012 10:18am

(01-09-2012 10:09pm)Samson Wrote:  Whilst I "might" understand why LHD Evoques have the rear vents and the UK RHD do not, does not quite add when you consider that Evoques for our friends down under have the option of rear air vents... they also get the option of roof rails, whereas we have order from dealers as an accessory. Then again they don't have the benefit of the Lux pack! Smile

Overall very confused by all these, in my view, unnecessary differences.

That's right. The rear vents are a $190 option downunder.