babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? (/Thread-Where-s-the-fuel-filler-door-opener)

Pages: 1 2

Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Evoquer - 14-07-2012 07:02am

After having Evoque for about a week, I was lining up at a gas station to give my baby the first milk. After 4 cars in front, finally it was my turn. I stopped the car next to the pump and tried to locate the button to unlock the gas door.

After spending good one minute, I couldn't find it anywhere in the car. Since many people are waiting behind, I decided to make another line again, and in the meantime, opened the manual while waiting. There was no mentioning about the fuel door opener and I finally called my sales guy. He said 'just go out and push the fuel door'. While I am too used to press a button from my previous cars (BMW, Acura), I was impressed by what the smart key can do.

Later, I found out that the door can be opened without having any key.

I raised two concerns to the Dealer and what they say is that's how it was designed.
An unofficial spec sheet says this.

Fuel filler door release included with power doors

Does this mean the fuel door will be also locked with power lock button in the smart key? With all the doors locked, I could still push and open the gas door and my smart key was about 40 yards away.

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - BA74 - 14-07-2012 07:14am

Fuel door locks when car locks. When car unlocked just push it and it pops open!
No theft issues. Many cars have this set up.

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - cjfp - 14-07-2012 07:28am

Boy, there's so many hyperlinks in that initial post that I was beginning to think you'd started posting spam !

BA74 is correct in his statement

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Evoquer - 14-07-2012 07:36am

I just tested. I power-alarm locked my Evoque, and left the key inside home. Walked out and pressed gas door and it opens nicely. D'oh! Is mine messed up (again), then? Dealer said it's expected behavior and I can purchase a lockable gas door. I am confused.

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - cjfp - 14-07-2012 07:50am

So am I! - uk / us market differences at play again ?!

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Evoquer - 14-07-2012 07:55am

Oh. Based on demographic info, LR decides to put the lock or not? Uk has more stealers than US, maybe???

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Barneyridge - 14-07-2012 07:56am

Maybe he means a lockable filler cap?

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - Evoquer - 14-07-2012 08:01am

Either one should be there - lockable cap or lockable door. Non-sense if it's wide open to anyone. Sad

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - cjfp - 14-07-2012 08:02am

@barneyridge - what locks on yours? Filler cap itself or the bodywork filler flap? In uk it is the bodywork filler flap (filler cap is simply a twist off cap)

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener??? - NightFox - 14-07-2012 08:31am

(14-07-2012 08:02am)cjfp Wrote:  @barneyridge - what locks on yours? Filler cap itself or the bodywork filler flap? In uk it is the bodywork filler flap (filler cap is simply a twist off cap)

I thought modern fuel tanks were syphon-proof anyway, at least as far as sucking on a piece of tubing went?