babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
MY13 specs revealed - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: MY13 specs revealed (/Thread-MY13-specs-revealed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: MY13 specs revealed - andrey1302 - 18-07-2012 09:12pm

(18-07-2012 09:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I rather like it! Looks like it has a gloss black surround and it looks much better than the awful black grille of a Dynamic.
I know it's the colour rendering but the white looks good as cream too, less in your face than Fuji - looks like LR's old Chawton White but I know it's meant to be Fuji. I'll be on the look out for a 2013 grille like that for my car

Current grills also have the gloss black surrounding... At least my pure has

RE: MY13 specs revealed - WB - 18-07-2012 09:17pm

I may be missing it but apart from the LR badge I can't see what's different about that grill to the original one.
(18-07-2012 08:47pm)doug Wrote:  Not too keen on that grille. Why the large gap in the middle! 5th Gear spoke about the grille being changed before the launch to give more air to the engine. So have LR worked out the engine bay needs even more air now.
Or I'm over thinking things & its just a design change.

I think its just the angle of that photo - I could be wrong but i don't think the gap in the middle is any different.

RE: MY13 specs revealed - Urban Splash - 18-07-2012 09:25pm

I was going to say the same. I must be missing something because is looks exactly the same to me but with a LR badge...

RE: MY13 specs revealed - doug - 18-07-2012 09:39pm

(18-07-2012 08:47pm)doug Wrote:  Not too keen on that grille. Why the large gap in the middle! 5th Gear spoke about the grille being changed before the launch to give more air to the engine. So have LR worked out the engine bay needs even more air now.
Or I'm over thinking things & its just a design change.

Ok, just gone in to my garage to check my grille Embarrassed just goes to show how much I use my Evoque, your right WB The gap is the same. I'm blaming the picture having a silver grille which shows up the black rad behind it more.

RE: MY13 specs revealed - WB - 18-07-2012 10:55pm

(18-07-2012 09:39pm)doug Wrote:  Ok, just gone in to my garage to check my grille Embarrassed just goes to show how much I use my Evoque, your right WB The gap is the same. I'm blaming the picture having a silver grille which shows up the black rad behind it more.

Must admit I had to look twice too - at first I thought they'd messed up the grill design by putting in a big gap!

RE: MY13 specs revealed - LonnyGer - 19-07-2012 11:58am

(18-07-2012 10:55pm)WB Wrote:  Must admit I had to look twice too - at first I thought they'd messed up the grill design by putting in a big gap!

Placed my Order two weeks ago, now got the information that my 5 Door Dynamic will be a MY13 Model.

I tried to get an overview about the MY13 Specs in this Thread, but still having some confusions.

Is the Rear Aero Spoiler now not included in the dynamic Model, or is it some part that is belonging to the Aero Spoiler?

I asked my Dealer if he can also check the possibility of adding the Velocity with Prestige Seats Option for my Orkney Grey 5 Door Dynamic, with Black Roof.

He told me that he will try to get some informations belonging to the Aero Spoiler and the Prestige Seat Package for Dynamic Models, hopefully i can order it now and it is not just an option that will be integrated later in the manifacturing process Confused?

Are these Options for all over the world, or just for the US/GB Market?

Best regards

P.S. Sorry for my lame english skills, I am from Germany and I have almost no conversation partner to improve my language skills by conversation Rolling Eyes

RE: MY13 specs revealed - XFullFatTim - 19-07-2012 01:49pm

Lonny, you will still have the big spoiler on the back, I believe that what has become an extra cost option in the UK is the tiny "aeroflip" black spoiler that is stuck onto the edge of that. £150 for what amounts to a strip of recycled washing up liquid bottle does seem to be taking the micky out of customers who have ordered the dynamic, it is after-ll part of what differentiates the Dynamic from the Prestige

It is the thin black lip spoiler above the back window in this photo
[Image: ffb2d79e.jpg]

RE: MY13 specs revealed - eddkawasaki - 19-07-2012 03:10pm

This is really starting to grind a bit, since I first decided that I “might” quite like an evoque there has already been a £995 increase now I have to pay £150 for something which used to be free and there has been mention of increases for the paint too!

I’m due to finalise my spec at the end of the month (ordered 19th May) and as I’m stuck on a boat in the middle of the North Sea I hope some firm information is posted soon or LR update the website with the new options.

RE: MY13 specs revealed - WB - 19-07-2012 03:14pm

They've probably removed it from standard because someone in a customer clinic said they didn't like it and it should be optional... that of course should have meant the price of the spoiler should have been deducted from the car price but that never seems to happen. Just like when you downgrade from 20" to 19" wheels you don't get anything off the price of the car but they'll happily take £450 for the upgrade!

RE: MY13 specs revealed - LonnyGer - 19-07-2012 03:16pm

(19-07-2012 01:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Lonny, you will still have the big spoiler on the back, I believe that what has become an extra cost option in the UK is the tiny "aeroflip" black spoiler that is stuck onto the edge of that. £150 for what amounts to a strip of recycled washing up liquid bottle does seem to be taking the micky out of customers who have ordered the dynamic, it is after-ll part of what differentiates the Dynamic from the Prestige

It is the thin black lip spoiler above the back window in this photo
[Image: ffb2d79e.jpg]

Hey, thnx for the instant and profound answer, well for me this small black strip is not a big thing at all, just because i would not even see a difference on my black roof and black spoiler.

So the first question is answered, now i just need to know wether the Prestige Seats Velocity are in the Dealers configurator by now, dont want to wait several extra month because of prestige seats.

Cant wait to get the car, even it will take min. up to january /february, orderd early julyEmbarrassed