babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Off we go - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Going Off Tarmac (/Forum-Going-Off-Tarmac)
+--- Thread: Off we go (/Thread-Off-we-go)

Off we go - brinv8 - 25-06-2012 09:00pm

Just thought some of yo might be interested.
I collected the wee beastie on Friday 1st June and left the dealership about 16.30, then the following morning went off to a steam fair, which just happened to have an off road display course, which I help organise. So to make sure all was safe, at 10.00, I took the Evoque round a few of the humps and bumps. Even managed to get two wheels off the ground, front nearside and rear offside, two wheel drive, great fun. The wife just looked on, in total disbelief.

Off we go - Neo - 25-06-2012 09:52pm

Cool drive, how was the off road experience?

RE: Off we go - Evo-king - 25-06-2012 10:04pm

Great stuff, but I'd get that vandalism sorted outLaughingLaughing

RE: Off we go - brinv8 - 27-06-2012 05:07pm

Well it behaved it's self quite well, it certainly did not disgrace it's self. Took the humps and bumps easily as well as the wet grassy slopes. Obviously driven with a bit more care than my defender, and did not take through the really muddy sections, only road tyres fitted (my excuse). But would not hesitate to take off road again, we are going to Ireland in August, and hoping to travel a few off tarmac routes while we are there. It feels a very confident drive.
Thanks Evo-King, I did manage to get hold of the little blighter, but he's pretty useless with modern technology, and he is already on a steep learning curve with the Evoque. So just gave him a good talking too. I like the simple motors, my Defender 90 is the last without any electronics, and the other two are just basic LR Machines.

RE: Off we go - Evo-king - 27-06-2012 07:43pm

Glad you enjoyed it Thumbs Up

RE: Off we go - SebM - 28-06-2012 08:31am

Cool !!