babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney (/Thread-Vehicle-Quarantine-Compliance-in-Sydney)

Pages: 1 2

Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - Neo - 21-06-2012 08:48am

Does anyone know who we can contact to have our vehicles fast-tracked for the Quarantine & compliance checks? ie make it urgent and not take 2 weeks to perform this work after it arrives at the docks in Australia??

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - chiggy - 21-06-2012 08:59am

(21-06-2012 08:48am)Neo Wrote:  Does anyone know who we can contact to have our vehicles fast-tracked for the Quarantine & compliance checks? ie make it urgent and not take 2 weeks to perform this work after it arrives at the docks in Australia??

HAHA Neo impatience is getting the better of you.

An individual, from recollection, cannot fast-track quarantine and compliance checks as you do not own the car until the car is delivered to you. You have no legal right to ask for something to go through compliance and quarantine for something that does not belong to you..... yet. The dealer owns the car and is contracted to sell it to you when it comes into their possession after quarantine and compliance.

I do know, however, that all dealers request cars that HAVE been sold already, to be put through quarantine and compliance checks first before any of the other unsold cars to try and speed up delivery of the car.

Good things comes to those who wait... unfortunately you will have to wait 2 weeks plus 3-4 days at the dealer to go through registration, detailing etc etc... after it hits our shores.

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - TiTan - 21-06-2012 09:11am

Customs cleared mine in 48 hours - which apparently is pretty standard in Melbourne - don't know about Sydney. You should see "Liner release" on your status a few days before the ship even docks - this is the paper work largely clearing customs and is done with regular, trusted, shipping companies/routes.

It's then 3 - 4 days with Landrover for various checks etc, then (with my dealer at least) a week or so with the dealer.

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - chiggy - 21-06-2012 09:13am

(21-06-2012 09:11am)TiTan Wrote:  Customs cleared mine in 48 hours - which apparently is pretty standard in Melbourne - don't know about Sydney. You should see "Liner release" on your status a few days before the ship even docks - this is the paper work largely clearing customs and is done with regular, trusted, shipping companies/routes.

It's then 3 - 4 days with Landrover for various checks etc, then (with my dealer at least) a week or so with the dealer.

It all depends on where it is.

My car took close to three weeks - but that's cause that included australia day inbetween and there were two other manufacturers that had their stock land around the same time.

WA usually takes about 2 weeks - Sydney about 2 weeks, Brisbane is about 10 days from recollection, Melbourne is much quicker.

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - QUEEVO - 21-06-2012 09:19am

(21-06-2012 09:13am)chiggy Wrote:  It all depends on where it is.
Melbourne is much quicker.

Very Happy

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - Neo - 21-06-2012 10:51am

Damn, melb is always more efficient.

I did try to bribe the dealer but he said its out of his hands. He did say he was going to mark it as urgent!

The reason being for the impatience is because im going to my snow trip on the 9th August and would love to take my beloved to the snow!

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - TiTan - 21-06-2012 11:12am

(21-06-2012 10:51am)Neo Wrote:  The reason being for the impatience is because im going to my snow trip on the 9th August and would love to take my beloved to the snow!

Not on those wheels/tyres Wink

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - Neo - 21-06-2012 12:04pm

DW, I won't be zig zagging or drifting on the snow (as in the promo videos) Wink. Using it mainly on bitumen roads.

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - TiTan - 21-06-2012 12:38pm

Nah, I meant more that you can't fit chains on anything bigger than 17's - which is a issue for areas that require chains by law. Vic has those, not sure about other states though.

RE: Vehicle Quarantine & Compliance in Sydney - Neo - 21-06-2012 01:00pm

(21-06-2012 12:38pm)TiTan Wrote:  Nah, I meant more that you can't fit chains on anything bigger than 17's - which is a issue for areas that require chains by law. Vic has those, not sure about other states though.

Yup, in NSW, SUV don't need to carry chains so we are safe.