babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone (/Thread-Bluetooth-music-streaming-from-iPhone)

Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone - Swevoque - 10-06-2012 09:15pm

Is it possible to browse the music and choose next/previous track from the Evoque touchscreen or via the steering wheel buttons when connected through Bluetooth?

I think it's a bit stupid that one have to choose a music track from the iPhone itself, therefore you must hold the iPhone in your hand, looking at it, then browsing a playlist and then choosing a track - a bit dangerous when driving don't you think? It's like textmessaging while driving, recommended.

Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone - Kimv - 10-06-2012 09:44pm

(10-06-2012 09:15pm)Swevoque Wrote:  Is it possible to browse the music and choose next/previous track from the Evoque touchscreen or via the steering wheel buttons when connected through Bluetooth?

I think it's a bit stupid that one have to choose a music track from the iPhone itself, therefore you must hold the iPhone in your hand, looking at it, then browsing a playlist and then choosing a track - a bit dangerous when driving don't you think? It's like textmessaging while driving, recommended.

Next/previous is possible from touchscreen and steering wheel. Not sure about browsing though.

RE: Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone - Swevoque - 10-06-2012 10:55pm

(10-06-2012 09:44pm)Kimv Wrote:  Next/previous is possible from touchscreen and steering wheel. Not sure about browsing though.

Why doesn't it work then? Something I do wrong?

I select Audio/Video button > My music > Bluetooth > the music start playing (I don't have to push play or anything). But then I can't choose next or previous, I must choose it from the iPhone.

Bluetooth music streaming from iPhone - Kimv - 11-06-2012 04:58pm

(10-06-2012 10:55pm)Swevoque Wrote:  Why doesn't it work then? Something I do wrong?

I select Audio/Video button > My music > Bluetooth > the music start playing (I don't have to push play or anything). But then I can't choose next or previous, I must choose it from the iPhone.

I don't know. Mine works fine. I can select next/previous from steering wheel and touchscreen. I can't browse though. Maybe a iPhone firmware issue? Do you have the latest?