babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Steering wheel offset - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Steering wheel offset (/Thread-Steering-wheel-offset)

Pages: 1 2

Steering wheel offset - DollaR - 09-06-2012 09:33pm

Hi, sorry If someone has posted this issue I didn't manage to find it.
I've just noticed steering wheel offset in my 3-month-old Evoque. When I'm travelling straight ahead, the steering wheel offsets to the left about 5 degrees relative to the horizon, however the vehicle doesn't tend to drift to the left/rigth. TOPIX has a bullition #SSM53497 related this problem but the cause is uknown and engineering are currently collecting data for analysis.
I has a picture and a footage showing this issue -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzijk4tgz2g7ijs/asB9DE5O69#f:%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg

Has anyone had a similar problem?

RE: Steering wheel offset - maccacch - 10-06-2012 09:43am

get your wheel alignment done mate

RE: Steering wheel offset - zambiaman - 10-06-2012 06:58pm

Not to worry - I had the same issue and took it to my local dealer - apparently all it needed was a software update and all was fine

RE: Steering wheel offset - DollaR - 10-06-2012 07:20pm

(10-06-2012 06:58pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Not to worry - I had the same issue and took it to my local dealer - apparently all it needed was a software update and all was fine

Thanks! I hope it will be mended by my dealer.

RE: Steering wheel offset - DollaR - 21-06-2012 12:29pm

Finally, I have my car repaired. It cost me a hundred euro and took five hours. My dealer did wheel alignment in my car three times and in the end it became perfect.

Thanks everyone who tried to help.

RE: Steering wheel offset - PhilSkill - 21-06-2012 12:40pm

So did it go out of alignment while you had the car, did you go over a bump or hole that may have caused this? as if it was like that on delivery surely this should be something that should be correct at delivery...?

RE: Steering wheel offset - DollaR - 21-06-2012 06:37pm

Sorry, I don't remember if it was while I had the car, I only noticed it a month ago after several people had posted this issue in our local forum and I'm almost sure it wasn't the cause of a bump or a hole.

RE: Steering wheel offset - originalino - 13-10-2012 09:12am

(21-06-2012 06:37pm)DollaR Wrote:  Sorry, I don't remember if it was while I had the car, I only noticed it a month ago after several people had posted this issue in our local forum and I'm almost sure it wasn't the cause of a bump or a hole.

The Problem with the steering Wheel Offset ist general. Also here in Germany a lot of cars has the same.

Did somebody fixit completely? If yes, how?

RE: Steering wheel offset - chiggy - 15-10-2012 01:48am

(09-06-2012 09:33pm)DollaR Wrote:  Hi, sorry If someone has posted this issue I didn't manage to find it.
I've just noticed steering wheel offset in my 3-month-old Evoque. When I'm travelling straight ahead, the steering wheel offsets to the left about 5 degrees relative to the horizon, however the vehicle doesn't tend to drift to the left/rigth. TOPIX has a bullition #SSM53497 related this problem but the cause is uknown and engineering are currently collecting data for analysis.
I has a picture and a footage showing this issue -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzijk4tgz2g7ijs/asB9DE5O69#f:%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I have this at the moment. I just had the wheel alignment done twice in the last 3 weeks and its still slightly to the left. I thought it was just me being slightly... anal about it.

Back to the dealer it is!

Steering wheel offset - Barneyridge - 15-10-2012 10:40am

I had this when I got the car, but got a wheel alignment and fixed the problem. I thought I had come back but adjusted the tyre pressures to what I like over the weekend and it appears to rectified the issue. I thought I may have put the alignment out at the 4wd training